Campfire

~ Skye's P.O.V ~

It wasn't long after Gordie shouted until the screaming started. Teddy, being ahead of the group, made it across the tracks easily. I, on the other hand, was not having such an easy time.

"Skye, get up!" Chris shouted. I stood up and began to run as fast as I possibly could. Gordie and Vern were close behind us.

I could've sworn the train was going to hit all of us. We were milliseconds away from getting flattened when Chris grabbed my side. We jumped over the bridge onto a small cliff. Gordie and Vern tumbled down behind us.

I landed, sprawled across Chris' stomach, don't ask me how, while Gordie and Vern fell on their backs beside me. I took deep breaths, Chris mumbled 'ow', ( I was unintentionally squishing him) and Gordie and Vern sat up.

"Hey, at least now we know when the next train is due."

***

"Man, that was the all time train dodge! Too cool! Vern, you were so scared you looked like that fat guy in Abbot and Costello the time he saw the mummy."

I rolled my eyes. It was dark out and all five us had set up camp for the night. We sat around the sizzling fire and cooked our burgers.

"I wasn't that scared." Vern denied. I chuckled a bit. The boys didn't cut the kid any slack.

"Vernnnn,"

"No really, I wasn't, sincerely."

"Okay, then you won't mind if we check the seats of your jockey for Hershey's squirts, wil ya?" Gordie fired.

"Oh screw you." Vern muttered.

The others laughed as I grinned widely and shook my head.

"Don't worry about it Vern, we did almost die. Thank you for that, by the way, Duchamp." I sassed.

"You're such a girl." Teddy groaned.

"Hell yeah I am."

"Hey Vern, you better turn yours over." Chris snickered.

"This is the way I like to do it." Vern defended himself.

"Fine."

We all burst out laughing as Vern's hamburger slipped into the fire.

"Oh man," Vern whimpered. "You got any more, Gordie?"

Gordie's face turned red as he leaned back, unable to stop giggling. "Sorry Vern."

"It's not funny, what am I supposed to eat?"

Ugh...here comes the guilt. No, no Skye. Don't do it, that chocolate bar is yours.

"Why don't you cook your dick?" Teddy smirked.

"It'd be a small meal." Chris joined in. I sighed, as I pulled the chocolate bar out of my bag. I'm weak.

Vern dug his stick into the hamburger meat and beamed. "Ha, screw you guys! I got it."