Letter five [EDITTING]

Dear Anticipation,

I think I'm going to like Sally. She seems like a nice person, though at the time we hadn't really talked much because Ms Yearsly doesn't like chatter while she is talking. This meant that the girls at the front that were whispering when I was at the door had to be spoken to multiple times. I didn't and don't see myself being one to get along with them. Then again I don't really know them in person.

I was so curious as to what the rest of the teachers I had would be like. The ones at my old school were 'meh' sort of teachers, so I hope these ones turn out to be better. Sure, I know there's going to be a couple of bad ones but fingers crossed that most of the ones I get will be good.

I felt like time was at a standstill. It didn't seem to go forward, just stuck with the teacher talking about some stuff that I lost interest in since none of what she mentioned applied to me (yet). I couldn't think of whether that was a good thing or not. On the one hand, I couldn't wait to see what doors had been opened for me, and on the other, I was nervous as to whether those open doors would be any good.

A metallic bell noise echoed through the classroom, and people began to pick up their bags and start talking.

"Have a good day today class," Ms Yearsly said quickly. "And don't forget about the notices!"

"What have you got first?" Sally asked me, ignoring Ms Yearsly quite seamlessly. I reached into my bag and pulled out my timetable.

"English," I answered, showing her my timetable.

"In the same class as me!" she affirmed. "By the looks of it, you're in most of the same classes as me. I guess that's why they made me your buddy."

"Mhm," I agreed.

"Come on then, I'll show you where the class is!"

We walked for a little bit in silence. I took in the school's atmosphere. There were many more students all chattering and walking to their classes. A reasonable amount of them were meandering along, but most of them (us included) were walking with purpose.

The butterflies were mostly still asleep and the adrenalin of what was ahead kept me moving. I must have been going crazy, getting an adrenalin rush from school? That's unheard of.

"So, what was your name again? I'm pretty bad with names, unfortunately," Sally chuckled.

"Sophie," I answer in a monotone voice. I prefer to not to get too familiar with someone before I really know them. You never know which crowd you're getting in with. Best to be cautious, am I right?

"Sophie! Of course!" Sally giggled. She's so happy it was kind of intimidating at first. We only just met after all. "What a lovely name!"

"Thank you," I replied.

"Hey, did you get shown around to the canteen here?" Sally inquires.

"Canteen? You mean tuck shop?" I questioned. I know they're both the same thing, I just like to see the reactions of others.

"Canteen, tuck shop, what's the difference?" Sally replied. Exactly the response I would have expected from someone like her, seemingly unafraid of what the hell the world had to say about her and her 'canteens'. "Anyway, did you get shown to it? Did they give you a sample taste of some of the stuff they sell?"

"They showed it to us," I said. "But we didn't get any food. It appeared closed."

"I guess the school wouldn't have wanted to lose a possible student over hair in the salad," Sally groaned. "I sure won't be buying any salad from here for a while. But on the whole, a lot of the food is delicious! Don't let my story put you off."

"At least you didn't tell me while I was eating a salad," I smiled.

"Aww, stop giving be brilliant ideas of things I could have done!" Sally groaned again. "Speaking of salad, here's our English class!"

"What does salad have to do with English?" I noted.

"Salad is a word in the English language. A five letter word that could have been a palindrome if either the 's' had been a 'd' or the 'd' had been an 's', obviously," Sally giggled.

I rolled my eyes as I pushed the door open and held it for Sally. The plaque above this door was 'D3' and brought back oh so brilliant memories of my, ahem, 'fantastic' music teacher at my old school. It was a 'joy' to have her make music, my favourite subject mind you, very 'delightful'.

Sally was already fast walking to her, I assumed, usual spot. I followed obediently and sat beside her. I was surprised to see that no other person had come to sit on the opposite side of her. I would have thought that Sally would have at least five other friends. Oh well, maybe they were in a different class.

Anticipation, I simply could not tell you how excited I was to meet our English teacher. I could not keep my legs still. Ms Yearsly was such a lovely teacher, and I had expected the trend to have continued. Then they walked in, and my heart sunk, and your company had faded from my mind.

Take care,

Disappointed girl