Chapter 15:

"We've got to go Venus!" Hunter grabbed my hand and squeezed it softly.

I smiled at him.

"Venus," Skylar grabbed my other hand, pulling my attention in her direction. "We can't go."

"And why not?" Hunter glared at her.

She rolled her eyes and ignored him. "How will we get there Venus?  Hop a plane? we don't have the money for that."

I sat there silent for a minute. She was right, I doubt Hunters mom would let him fly to New York with his ex girlfriend, and money was an issue.  All of us combined could come up with at least 40 dollars, not counting the number of candy wrappers in Hunters pockets.

I shrugged sadly. "Maybe not..."

I felt tears stinging in my eyes. I knew it was stupid to even bring this up to anyone.

Just then I saw black and I felt like I was falling again, just like what happened in the hospital.

Buildings were flying past me this time. Tall, city buildings that I've never seen before. I crashed into a window.

There was a tall man standing In front of me. His skin was a warm tan and his hair was coppery brown. He had a distinct jawline and warm chocolate eyes.

"Come to me," he smiled and spoke, his voice as smooth as liquid butter. "I can help you, my child."

My face warmed at the sound of this man. His smile was so loving and i felt like I was being sucked in.

The man started fading away, his arms were spread and wings appeared behind him as he left.

I withered on the the cold tile floor in Skylars kitchen. My vision cleared and I could see both Hunter and her, above me, staring at me with worried looks.

"Venus!" Hunters voice shook.

I sat up and swallowed hard. My head was spinning.

"What'd you see Venus?" Asked Skylar.

"What are you talking about?" Hunter snapped at her.

"She had visions you halfwit!" She shouted at him.

"Calm down." I spoke calmly.

Both of them looked at me, expecting me to explain this vision I had.

"We have to go to New York. I don't care how we get there, but we must go."

Their faces were blank, confused I presumed. I didn't blame them, I would be too if I wasn't in this position.

"Okay we will." Hunter stood and placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'm here for you Venus, and I'll do anything that'll help."

I smiled at him. He was always so caring.

"But HOW are we getting there." Skylar spoke up.

She was talking really bratty as if her parents had told her she couldn't have a car. I felt like she was about to throw a tantrum.

"Do you not want to help me?" I asked bluntly, staring into her eyes.

She sighed "of course I do Venus, it's just. I'm fresh out of the hospital, I'm sad still and I have nothing-"

I cut her off. "I spent three days in a hospital with you, I jumped out of a window after you and saved you before your face splattered on the ground. I snuck you out of This house when your parents were fighting, because it was upsetting you. I've bought you countless necklaces, rings, charms. I've gone to the ends of the earth to guarantee you happiness. I'm tired of tip toeing around you because you're sad all the time. I don't know why I let it annoy me so much. Actually, I think I do. Maybe It's because I've worked so hard for what I have, literally put my blood, sweat and tears into getting me where I am today only to watch you shit all over everything that you have. I just don't get it. I don't get how you can lack so much drive, thirst for life. You're not depressed, or ill in any way, so that rules out mental health being the root of the cause. But you act as if there is this 'opposing force' that literally renders you incapable of doing anything yourself. You are the opposing force. You and your shitty, empty, purposeless thing that you call a 'life'. Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? Seriously. It's ridiculously pathetic. It's so pathetic it hurts. I don't feel sorry for you anymore. I feel angry. So angry that you could just live such a meaningless, useless life."