Chapter 31:

I wasn't asleep. Well, maybe I was. I didn't know.

Maybe I was actually dead. Like in heaven or wherever you go when you're dead.

Voices spoke around me but I didn't have the strength to recognize each one.

Voice 1: "should we take her to a hospital?"
Voice 2: "she's already dead, we can't take her to a hospital."
Voice 1: "maybe they could help."
Voice 3: "they couldn't see her when I was in the hospital."
Voice 4: "she's right, they can't do anything for her, she's not exactly part of your world."
Voice 2: "her burns look so bad."
Voice 4: "she'll heal, look, she's already healed a little bit."
Voice 1: "but why has it slowed down? I mean you said that you saw her finger heal after she stuck it in the fire right?"
Voice 3: "yeah, she healed so fast in the hotel."
Voice 4: "the healing process has slowed down to fully heal her, she ran into fire. It's going to take awhile."

Everything went silent after that.

I could feel my body slightly bouncing around. I assumed we were in the car.

But I had no idea where we were going.

My body hurt. Bad.

I felt like I had the worst sunburn at the beach.

My hair was being tugged slightly, but not in a hurtful way. Someone was brushing their fingers through my tangles. And I had a ton.

I guess running through I fire wasn't the best for you hair?

My hair had grown since our journey started, I figured it was a product of sleeping.

It was longer but it wasn't long. It probably fell to the bottom of my shoulder blades now. And that was when it was curly, if I straightened it, it would probably be longer.

I grunted softly as we hit a bump and my leg brushed against something. Leaving a stinging feeling in its place.

Someone placed their hand on my forehead softly.

"Venus?"

The hair was pushed out of my face.

I fluttered my eyes open.

I saw Hunters soft smile. "Hey, are you feeling okay?"

His voice was so soft, I couldn't help a small smile.

I tried to speak but my throat was so dry that my words came out as a whine.

He nodded. "It's okay, don't force yourself."

I nodded and glanced at my arm.

The skin around the inside of my elbow looked burnt and brittle, but as I watched it, the black skin turned into a scar, and then into healthy skin, like nothing had happened.

I coughed and squeezed Hunters arm.

"What is it?" He asked, helping me sit up.

I rubbed my throat, signing that I needed some water.

Hunter didn't understand. He looked at my neck as if there were something there.

I heard the small sound of wings flapping.

"It's okay" Eleanor huffed, holding a water bottle that was 3 times her size. "I got it."

She fluttered tiredly to Hunter and plopped on his shoulder.

I chugged the whole water bottle as my vision started clearing, my body healing faster now.

Skylar looked back from the front seat and gasped "Venus!... I-I didnt think you'd wake up."

Hunter shot her a dirty look, "I think you meant to say 'thank you.'"

She nodded and mumbled "thank you."

She had a defeated look on her face.

"Suspicious...." Whispered Eleanor.