Chapter 19:

We stopped in Hattiesburg Mississippi.

I've never been in Mississippi. We were in a small town area, little shops and buildings around us. It was an old looking town, but it made my heart smile.

The houses were glorious and huge and beautiful.

The people were simple folk, sweet and friendly.

We booked a hotel room and walked around the town until dark.

Hunter and I stopped in front of a small candle shop. It smelled of every smell you could think of, pine, candy, linen.

The smells ranged from sweet to harsh, and I loved it.

Hunter and I walked around the shop, sniffing candles here and there and letting out small sneezes in between.

After about 10 minutes I had found an iced cranberry scented candle that was a warm brown- red color. I showed Hunter happily.

I left with that candle in a bag. Hunter bought it for me.

We walked back to the hotel, sliding through some small shops on the way.

I wouldn't let Hunter buy me anything else. I found some things that I wanted, but it was his money. I was just happy with the candle.

We walked back into the hotel room. Skylar was sitting on the bed with a butterfinger in her hand. She was smacking on it loudly as she flipped through channels.

We left her at the hotel, she didn't want to walk around with us. And I begged her to come, I know she hadn't ever been in Mississippi either. She should want to enjoy it on the way.

I sat on the other bed with Hunter and he pulled my candle out of the bag.

He took the lid off and reached in his moms purse for a lighter.

I placed my hand over the top of the candle. "I want to save it."

"But don't you want to smell it?"  He flipped the lighter around his fingers.

"Not yet, I can wait." I smiled at him and placed the lid back on the candle.

I set it back in its bag and placed it in the corner of the room, with Hunters moms' purse.

Hunter yawned loudly and laid back on a pillow, folding his arms over his chest, watching tv with Skylar and I.

He soon dosed off and so did his mom and Skylar soon after them.

I was left awake, stuck in my thoughts. Hunter was right, what if I couldn't get my body back? What if this whole plan boiled down to nothing? What if I could never be with him?

I shook my head and took a deep breath. I couldn't think like that. It would get me out of my focus.

I needed to focus on this big picture, getting my body back.

Hunter was laying in bed with his mom, and Skylar with me.

He rolled over and yawned, rubbing his eyes.

I watched him move. His soft, slow movements were so cute.

He noticed me awake and he smiled sleepily.

His hand reached between the gap separating us and I placed my hand in his. He held it.

And for the first time ever since I had been this way, I was actually sleepy.

And I slept.