Chapter 18:

The car ride was silent. Horribly silent.

And it wasn't a comfortable silence, there was obvious tension. I felt it.

"Wanna listen to some music guys?" Hunters mom asked sweetly, looking at me through her review mirror.

I smiled at her and nodded "Sure."

She clicked a button on her radio and modern day pop music came through the speakers.

Hunter grabbed my hand gently. He squeezed.

I looked over at him and he had a sad look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I whispered in his ear, scooting closer to him.

He shrugged. "What if we can't get your body back?"

He looked down at his hands and I took them in mine.

"I can do anything with your help Hunter. We will." I reassured him, rubbing my thumbs back and forth across his hands soothingly.

He smiled softly and looked into my eyes. "You're really cute you know."

I was taken aback by his comment. My cheeks flushed red and my eyes fluttered quickly.

He giggled and I saw Hunters mom glance back at us once more. She smiled too.

I think she liked me. I mean, I felt like she did.

She had a sour attitude towards Skylar though, which made me wonder what she had done to ruin their relationship.

The car was once again silent. But I didn't feel any tension anymore, I mean not from Hunters mom anyways.

I was worried that she wouldn't like me. But I felt as if she did, I felt as if I'd known her forever. She was so open and caring.

Hunter rested his head on my shoulder, shocking me out of my thoughts.

Hunters mom turned down the radio and cleared her throat. "So Venus, tell me about what we're doing exactly."

I nodded. "I have visions. That sounds so crazy but, my eyes black out and I'm usually flying through places fast. The last one I had, I was flying past buildings, tall office buildings. I saw a really tall man, tan, copper hair, jawline that Would kill-"

"Sounds like my kind of man." She giggled, making me and Hunter laugh with her.

"But he told me to go to him, that he can help me." I finished.

"And this man is in New York?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Do you have any idea where he would be in New York? Like an address?"

I blushed. I had no idea. "No but I do remember what the building looked like. It was gold."

She nodded and gripped the steering wheel.

My story seemed really sketchy, now that I had said it out loud. Maybe we should've done more research.

"She can fly too mom." Hunter laughed.

I looked at him and blushed, nodding softly.

"You truly are an angel, inside and out." She smiled back at me.

My cheeks were blood red. She was so sweet, there was no doubt that she was fond of me.

Skylar re-adjusted in the front seat, she had been so quiet that I had almost forgotten she was here.

I think she knew that Hunters mom didn't like her, which was maybe too obvious but I'm pretty sure she knew.

I looked out of the window and noticed we were passing through a small town.

It was ghostly. Most of the buildings looked abandoned or falling apart. I didn't see anyone around, so I started to assume that it was deserted.

Just then a man, skinny as could be, walked out of one of the buildings and locked the door behind him. He strolled over to his broken down truck and hopped into it.

I looked away, the sight of this place haunted me a little. This man was so dirty and skinny and frail.

I wanted to help somehow but I couldn't do much. I didn't have super powers.

"Sad sight." Murmured Hunter.

I nodded in agreement with him.

It was silent yet again.