A shock...

Assalam o alaikum lovely readers! :)
A lot has happened in last 24 hrs...I have received lots of reads and votes overall, within this duration (which is at least a big deal for me, within just a day!)...plus I've made a new friend ;)
...I am really happy and felt encouraged to write a bonus chapter, so here it goes...!

"Hareem it's been just 4 days since you came here and now you're asking to leave..?"

It was Ibad. Amna looked at hareem hopelessly. Hareem did not utter a word. She looked defeated with dark circles beneath her eyes.

"Hareem is everything okay?"

Amna came forward and held her shoulder gently.

Hareem did not look at her.

"Yes, i'm okay. I've already taken too many holidays from my job and my studies are getting disturbed too."

She was packing up her bag. Ibad and Amna looked at each other helplessly.

"W...We were thinking about..."

Amna looked at Ibad for help before she could complete.

Ibad cleared his throat.

"Yes hareem w...uh...we were thinking about your future. You should get married now..."

Ibad tried not to hesitate. Her motioning hands stopped for an instant. She did not look at them and after a while resumed her activity, not responding.

"My flight is in the evening. I have to pack some more things."

She zipped the bag, leaving both of them in despair.

   *****

She was back in Liverpool. Her parents had already informed Aunt Rubina of her arrival.
She used to stay quiet all day during the job and in the university, not talking to anyone.
Her employees started to complain about her irresponsible behaviour, though apparently she was always working. She even didn't defend herself.
Her studies were going the same way. Her books were always there lying in front of her but she was never found studying anything.
She rarely slept in nights not even taking the pills now.
Her face had lost the glow. Her eyes never shone. She didn't even call her aunt or her parents or Tehreem. Everyone started to complain about this.
A year passed away like this and after her exams, the result came out. She had failed in three subjects and the rest were merely able to cross the passing line.
She was not surprised. Actually she was not surprised by anything.

"Hareem you are coming to me this week that's it..."

Aunt Nabiha called her one day, she sounded disappointed. It had been a long time since she met her.

"N..But..."  hareem tried to refuse.

"No ifs and buts..you're coming!"

She hung up while Hareem looked at the phone helplessly.

   *****

Hammad was home, aunt told her. She entered the house and passing by the kitchen he saw him standing at the kitchen counter, filling up a glass of water. There gazes met but Hareem instantly moved forward.
Aunt was in her room. She looked worried but Hareem was so engrossed in her own problems that she did not bother to ask about it.
They greeted and chatted for two hours. In fact Hareem stayed quiet the whole time. She was not even consciously listening to her and was preoccupied by something else. She was there just because aunt insisted her to come. She had no desire to maintain her social life, otherwise.
After two hours she got up to leave.

"You've visited after such a long time and have spared so little time."

Aunt insisted her to stay but she somehow managed to leave, there was no way for her to interact with someone for such a long time. She did not want any interaction.
Walking out of the hallway she felt a presence in the drawing at her left. She knew who it was therefore, she did not bother to look that way. She was on foot. Aunt Rubina had asked her to take her car but she insisted to walk as it was not much of a distance to her place.
As she walked on the road carelessly, she felt someone following her. She suddenly became alert but did not look back and paced up her walk instead. She had not gone very far when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She whirled, startled. A middle aged man of stout figure gripped the strap of the purse hanging around her shoulder and tried to snatch it with full force. She was shocked of such an instant move and could not think of anything else than just to hold her purse tightly. There was no one around. The man must have chosen the street after a lot of consideration. She struggled to keep her purse with her but he was so strong in front of her feeble figure that he pushed her with all his might,  away and she stumbled over a big stone falling on the street with her head bumping into the rough surface of the road. Her hair came flying on her face. She shrieked with pain. She was losing her conscious as her head ached and spun while everything became blur. Her scarf was pulled accidentally with the purse on her shoulder and was lying beside her now. She could not tell whether the thief was gone or not but the last sound she could hear was of someone shrieking near her and then her body was being wrapped with her scarf. After this she passed out.

     *****

She opened her eyes slowly and for an instant could not perceive what she was looking at. Later it came out to be a fan on the roof. She instantly rubbed her temples and looked in her surroundings. She was in a clinic or a hospital. She looked at her right, where her purse was lying safely on a chair. Everything came back roaming to her mind. She was surprised to see it back.
Who had brought her here? Who was her saviour? Before she could find any answer, someone came walking into the room. She looked up. It was her Aunt Rubina and with her was Aunt Nabiha. They both had expressions of worry on their faces.

"Oh my child...are you okay now..?"
Aunt Nabiha enveloped her in a motherly hug while Aunt rubina patted her head.

"Yes...I'm okay." Hareem said in a weak voice, "...But who brought me here..? My purse...Who saved me..?" She asked impatiently.

Both of the ladies looked at each other exchanging a strange glance. Then aunt Rubina cleared her throat.

"Umm...Beta Hammad brought you here..." She once again looked at Aunt Nabiha as if trying to ask something.

Hareem was looking closely to their strange behaviour and could not stand it.

"W...What..is it..? Is anything wrong?"
Hareem asked impatiently while they once again looked at each other. Aunt Rubina then struggled to smile.

"Umm...Nothing my dear...we'll talk about it... once you get better."

Aunt Nabiha acted as if she had not listened to anything. Hareem looked at both of them for a moment trying to study their minds but failed.

"Aunt please just tell me what is it? I'm perfectly fine!" She squeezed her hand, gesturing her to speak. Aunt Rubina looked at Nabiha with a confused look.

"Well..." She tried to say. Hareem rose her eyebrows waiting for it to come.

"Beta...H...Hammad wants to marry you..." She said and lowered her eyes while Hareem stared at her in silence not believing her ears.

A twist again...! ;) What do you think? Should she move on with her life and get married to Hammad?
Do VOTE and COMMENT too...I just love to read your comments! :)