The Orphanage

This chapter is dedicated to all my supporters...you guys have been of a great help...:)

"Are you okay???"

He did not move. The young girl took him by his arm and helped him to stand on his feet. He wiped his tears and mud from the face with his sleeves. He did not see her saviour.

"Oh my God!!!! you...you...you are Z.A!!!! Aren't you...???"

The girl covered her mouth and her eyes opened wide while she shrieked.
He looked at her hearing his name.

"Wh...What...has happened to you...!!????!?"

He did not answer.

You deserve this..

"I deserve this..." his voice came out as a whisper.

The girl arched her eyebrow in confusion.

"You deserve what...?"

He looked at his arm that was still gripped by her and with jerk let it free. She stood there stunned.

He turned around and started to walk away from her stumbling.

"Hey wait...you need help...!!!"

He never looked back at her and moved away.

After almost an hour he was sitting in train carriage like a dead man, not able to speak or move. His stomach was churning with hunger but he did not care. His eyes were red. He did not remember when he went into deep slumber. He only remembered that he came out of the train at an unknown place. It was still night perhaps the night of the next day.
He walked and walked aimlessly until all remains of his energy were drained and while crossing a small road a loud thud was heard as he got hit by a car and was found lying on a road in a pool of blood. He thought it was the end of his life.

"Zohaib?"

He tried to open his eyes but it seemed like they were glued together. His head seemed hard as a rock. He was lying somewhere.

"Zohaib??"

He heard his name again, he did not want to wake up or talk to any one but the person was now softly touching his shoulder, so he had to open his eyes. It was really difficult to part his swollen eyelids. He saw a man of almost his age standing near him with worried expressions, which turned into relief as soon he opened his eyes.

"Huh...! Thanks to Allah, you scared me man...Are you feeling any better?"

He did not recognize him. In fact he did not at all know that man. He tried to recollect from his memory but couldn't come up with anything.

The man decoded his mind and slightly chuckled sensing his inquisitive gaze.

"You don't know me...but I do..I've heard your name quite a lot of times on Television and in news."

Then he cleared his throat.

"You actually got hit by my car...Actually It's all my fault...I...the car's headlights were not working and roads here in the village are all dark at night...I'm really sorry about that."

So he was in a village, he thought. He did not answer him instead took a deep breath and closed his eyes again.

"It's been two days, since you woke up."

Zohaib immediately opened his eyes and looked at him stunned.

"I got terribly upset because you had an accident because of me." He lowered his eyes not able to meet his gaze.

Zohaib was really shocked. I have been sleeping for two days..!!? how's that possible..?!?

"Is there someone you want to contact with?"
The man asked. Zohaib looked at him while his mind wandered somewhere else. Was there someone in his life whom he could contact? Was there someone who'd be waiting for him? Praying for him?....The answer painfully came out to be a 'No'.
He looked away and shook his head slightly.