chapter 32

When I feel cold
I'll keep you close
And if I could hold you
And take you home

When at night
Your toes touch mine
I'll sing you to sleep
If you were mine to keep

I wish I could leave you my love
But my heart, is a mess
My days they begin with your name
And nights end with your breath

With your breath.

To sway just like
It was friday night
And all the lights
Will blind me dry

My lullaby
Is your sigh
And I can feel it
When you cry

I wish I could leave you my love
But my heart is a mess

My days they begin with your name
And nights end with your breath

With your breath.

My smile lingers. There is peace in my eyes and curve on my lips as for one moment I forget professionalism exists in the world.

When I feel cold,

Manik watches my way, I stop smiling, plastering a thin line on my lips devoiding my feeling.

I pull you close,

He strings the guitar for the last time, looking away from me.

If I could hold you,
And take you home.

Applauses ahead.

Cabir whistles in the background, clapping loud. It brings me out of my trance and I look at my surroundings, finding him glancing at me, and looking away again.

"Good work, Manik. We're looking forwarding for other ones. You have a long way to go." The Producer patted his shoulder, exchanged hands, looking afterwards at me to say something appreciating.

"Great song, Mr Malhotra. Got me all giddy on my toes." I complimented sarcastically, flashing a tight smile at him. Little did he know I mean it genuinely.

"It should." His eyes tinges with sweet mischief, playfulness on the quirk of his lips making me curl somewhere.

"Hahaha, you two. I'd leave the formalities to you, Nandini. Getting late for a meeting, see you both." He snapped in a jolly manner, staring at his watch, waving his hands after walking a distance as we waved him back, quite childishly like he did.

Now there is him and I, and the awkwardness within our gaps.

"So, what's up with your new assistant?" I ask hesitantly, his expression turns bitter. I could talk about the lovely day or stretch the praises of his performance, but all that came into my mind is the burning memory of them together, him holding her leg, even though to help, and her hand clutching on his shoulder.