Chapter Nine

I jolt awake by the bell, and nearly fall out of my chair. Finally, school's out for the day! I follow the steady river of Elementals out the door of Miss Wicken's class. She watches us leave, before returning her gaze to the computer at her desk. That's the last I see of her before I join the chaos in the hallway. I notice a line of lockers with a strip of white tape on each, complete with a name. The part that really lights up the hallway though, is the way the lockers look.  

     All of them are pitch black, but each one is complete with the Elemental's element. They're everywhere, and scattered all around in a messy order. I walk down the hallway, searching for my locker. Finally, I spot it. With the orange fire symbol shining against the black surface of the locker itself. Nicolette J. Finch is written on a piece of white tape, above the fire design.

     In small letters below my name the words "Come to the office for your combination." are written. Sighing, I glance to my right. A green symbol for Earth is placed proudly on it. I glance above it at the name on the tape, and almost groan out loud. Emily N. Powers. Wonderful. The First year jerk has a locker right next to mine.

     I peek at the other locker. There's n symbol plastered on the front for the element, but there is a name splayed on a piece of tape near the top of the black locker. Looking up, I read it. Cyra M. Anrutcon. I wonder who that is... I might ask about that later...

     I wander down the hallway, until I spot Chloe with Lydia and Piper, chatting. I join in, but talking isn't exactly on my mind. "Hey," I look up at my friends. "Do any of you know where the office is?"

     "Sure," Chloe smiles at me. "Down the hall to the right."

     "Thanks Cleo." With that, I follow my friend's directions and hurry down the hall. I spot the large glass windows decorated with fire, water, earth, air, mist, dust, smoke and ice designs and stickers at once, and hurry toward it, pushing open the door.

     Nobody's there, but Headmistress Linzey herself. "Hello Nicole. Do you need help with something?"

     "Ah, yeah." I glance out of the glass window quickly, as if expecting somebody to be standing there, watching me. Unsurprisingly, nobody's watching. "I'm here for my locket combination."

     "Oh yes!" Linzey digs around in a drawer for a while before coming up with a slip of paper. "Here." She hands it to me. 2-27-34. Got it. "Is that all, dear?" Linzey asks kindly. After a few moments of silence, I nod.

     "Yeah," I look up, feeling slightly uncomfortable. "Who's Cyra Anrutcon?"

     "Oh, Crya-" The Headmistress is interrupted by a knock on the door. "...should be here now." She gets up from the desk she's sitting at and opens the door, smiling kindly. "Nicole, meet Crya Anrutcon."

     I hardly hear her. I'm too busy staring in horror, and shock at the black-haired girl on the other side of the door.

     Because there, with a smug smile on her face, and looking directly at me, stands Nocturna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. :(

Comment and vote please! It means the world to me! :D