Chapter 8- A Prisoner

We all stare at the small red haired girl, tied to a chair. Tears run down her face. Phora beat the crap out of her according to Kieran, bruises cover her body, she does not look like a typical Student. She looks abused, like they are abusing her.

She looks around ten or eleven, due to our school being a shelter for lost kids for a year. She was probably put on a bus and brought to Gideon. I lean down beside her,
"You didn't shoot me, did you?" She shook her head, her lip trembles. I turn around to see the overwhelming guilt on Phora's face turn into anger.
" Well, how do we know that she isn't lying!" Phora snaps.
My face twists in confusion and anger, " How could you say something like that?!".
The girl trembles in her chair, her swollen and split lips opening to let out a word.
" T-they brought me as a prisoner, back at Gideon I was kept in the boiler room with every other kid that was being punished, they were going to use me as bait to get you out but they had a good clear shot," She looks at the bandage, which shows through my under shirt. I look at Kieran, he nods. " Well, you can't go back, it's not like they care about you anymore anyways, but you know some things we don't so fill us in,".

She nods, " But first we need to clean you up," Lee adds, he helps untie the girl and guides her to the kitchen. Kieran follows, leaving just me and Phora. We don't look at each other for a long time, silence.
" Why are you so jealous of Lee?" I finally ask.
She looks at me, " I don't know, it's just.......maybe I wanted it to just be us two travelling together, or maybe........I don't know," I know what's going on.
" Phora, are you-"
" That doesn't matter, ok?!" She cuts me off.
My eyes fill with grief and sympathy, " Phora, the world has ended already, there is no more hiding, please come out," She looks at me, her lip trembles. I hold her, " You're gay, I know, I have always known that you have liked me, you can't be afraid of what you are,".

She sniffles, " That's exactly what my mom told me before I killed her, that I can't be afraid anymore, of what I am," She gets up and walks into the kitchen. Leaving me alone in the living room, with the piano. I get up, sadness as well as anger filling in me. That's when I freak out, I knock over a shelf of glassware, which crashes to the floor. I scream, " THIS IS UNFAIR, WHY ARE WE DOING THIS!". I then barge out of the house into the hot forest, charging through the trees. I land on a tree, I slide down the tree and cry on the mossy floor. The sound of twigs snapping makes me jump, I go silent. I slowly turn around the tree behind me, the sun shines on his gray fur. Hints of silver glisten off of him, his blue eyes stare into mine. I slowly get up, walking over to him. I stroke his soft fur, he suddenly pulls away and dashes into the forest.

" Wolf!" I call to him as he runs away. A small jab of joy flows through me, he's alive and ok! But then the loneliness hits me, he has his own life now. Without me.
" It's really hard to see people go, isn't it?" I turn around to see the girl.
" Yeah," I say softly, she walks over and grasps my hand.
" My name is Jane, and yours is Carol? Caroline?" Her green eyes light up expecting an answer. I smile, " Caroline,". I then squeeze her hand as we walks back to the house together.........