Low

Chapter 1

"Ma!". I kicked the Budweiser cans that scattered the living room floor. I closed the door behind me and locked it. I could still hear the crack heads below walking around like zombies. It made my skin crawl.

"Ma!" I called again. I walked past my room and checked my lock to see
if it was tampered with. I looked briefly inside and was satisfied with its appearance. I walked to my sisters Duchess room and unlocked her door as well. She was sound asleep in her pink twin sized canopy bed. Once I was satisfied that my sister was all set I continued down the hall towards my mothers room. The door was opened a crack and I peeked inside

The first thing I saw was a pair of raggedy jeans spread on the floor with a pair of dirty Hanes briefs still inside. I could hear the bed squeak and a low growl.

I closed my eyes tight. This some nasty shit, I though to myself.

I opened my eyes again and seen the man that was fucking my mom. He was obviously fat. My mom, Wanda laid there motionless, her arms spread out with a needle still in her arm. Dirty.

I walked away quietly and doubled checked to see if I locked my sisters door. I walked to the little kitchen and pulled out the fake lucky charms and put a little cold milk in the bowl. I sat down on the tattered brown sofa. A new ripped appeared, showing visibly like the many others. I turns on the tv to watch Golden Girls and immediately started laughing and eating my cereal. Minutes later the man came walking down the short hall kicking things as he walked. Shit, I know the house ain't shit, but he didn't have to be so rude while I was watching my show!

He appeared behind the tv but I didn't look up. " Just leave fat fuck" I said under my breath. I continued to eat my cereal.

"Sweet Jesus. Pretty brown thing!" The fat man said aloud. "My name is ..."

I swiftly got up and pulled the razor I kept in between the couch seat. I had the blade at his throat in seconds. "Fuck out my house now". My voice was low and stern. I hate when my mom company talks to me. Just go about your business! Damn.

Beads of sweat poured from his forehead. His breath smelled of whiskey and must. His head was completely balled and his belly purged.

He lifted his hands up and backed up towards the door. I walked behind him and opened the door with one hand and the other still holding the blade.

I opened the door and watched him exit. When he was in the entrance way, he lounged forward but I was quicker. I slammed the door in his face and locked it. I sat up against the door and fell to my butt and brought my knees to my chest. " Why my life gotta be so messed up god? Why me?".