Royal Offering

I wonder since when did I stop feeling. Being in front lines, I was suppose to feel fear and worry but I feel none. Shooting some weirdo who seem like a blur, comrades being mauled to death, screams of someone, pleads for life, what the hell happened to me? Did I also became a monster?

I am Florence Effiño, I was an orphan when the vampire plague erupted. I was then picked up by a military organization which fights the vampires. I was ten back then, a mere child holding a high powered weapons shooting someone across the lanes and not just someone, its a flesh and blood alive vampire.

The goal was to kill them in a single shot. Every miss means a single kick to the guts by the officer that oversee us. I trained till I coughed blood and sometimes I can barely breath. They always say that if we can't keep up then we would not be of any use in the lines. Apparently a single vampire can wipe out any nation's army alone with regular soldiers.

The drills, the practice, the sparring sessions, the duel against a weakened vampire, a survival test, all of that was hammered in our bodies. The first time I was sent to the front lines was after four years of constant training from the organization. I was fourteen back then, too young for a normal teen ager but unfortunately I was holding a thirty pound piece of metal laying on my stomach.

I saw how a scene of hell literally rose up on the ground. I saw videos of how they move or how fast they are but the ones I saw were literally ghostly. They move like the wind and kills like a phantom. I can barely keep up with them and I was lucky that my first time was being a sniper and not the assault team. I saw how monstrous they are as they rip everyone apart. They were a living weapon that spreads the land uncontrollably.

I continued to shoot until I hear nothing but my own heartbeat that crashes every time I pull the trigger. I killed and killed until I felt like I was shooting cans on the field but on speed. It was weird but nonetheless maybe the starting point of my coldness. Maybe as I watch and finished the the view in front of me My sanity also end that day.

Now after six years of being on the field and surviving for so long in the front line with success on my missions on protecting borders, I was given a special task. Humanity is near annihilation and was forced to seek help. They say that the enemy of your enemy is your friend but what if the enemy of your enemy is the queen of them all?

The mission is to seek the queen's aid and end this vampire plague. The terms were to find her and convince her to our side since she was also overthrown in her reign.

She was exiled and held captive by her own kind in the eastern vampire stronghold. It was heavily guarded so I'm not hoping that I would be lucky enough to survive. Either I get killed by the vampire stationed there or I get killed by the queen. Doesn't matter thought, I don't need a world like this.

The Mission is to have her, the goal is the end of vampire plague and the reward is freedom.

A deal made with the queen which would either save my poor soul or taint it redder.

A story of hope and love alongside lies and deception.

A wold where humans is in the brink of being just history while vampires where near glory.

The rise of the queen once again and her knight.

It all begun at the Royal Offering.

Hello guys. Welcome to the prologue. This is from my other work The Reapers Choice but it have so many flaws and I decided to start a new but with same names and characters. Just a more clear plot and more epic scenes. I will upload the story after a few hours since I made it 11:30 pm already. I'll sleep a bit and write again. Oh and expect what you guys expect and I'm warning all the happy endings haters. I like those but I'll give it a twisted plots that I will be sure you would also enjoy. Cya all..