A huge loss

Hey guys sorry for the late update. What can i say? Uhhhh... I forgot I have a wattpad story lols. Been reading a lot so I forgot to make mine. Anyway here is another chapter. This is still not on the Veronica's Manor but on the human side. Alert mode on the human side! Anyway enjoy and leave a comment if possible.

Special Pov

Its been a week and still no news from the rescue party. The higher ups were starting to lose hope and has been panicking on meetings. Who would not if we just lost our last hope? Besides our S rank and A ranks soldiers were not able to return. "Where is he?"

"What is that soldier?" I asked a soldier that was holding a brown envelope that is heading to the general's office.

"Ma'am, we got an image of our S-rank soldiers at the queen's manor." a soldier reported handing me pictures of some horrifying scenes.

The pictures were gruesome as if a death god descended on earth and played a game of connect the parts but failed miserably. There were soldiers which were missing with an arm or a hole in the chest. There were also limbs and headless bodies which I presume vampires'.

I walked towards my father's office which is also the General of the resistance holding the same envelope on my hand. I did not find any picture of the S-rank soldier Florence Effin. He was just labeled S-rank but he is on completely different level compared to others. He was out sole protector which everybody denies since he is a prodigy without even trying.

He had many achievements such as the youngest S-ranking soldier. His first mission was a failure but he is the sole survivor of that tragic mission on New York. All the veterans that the army had, have been wiped out aside from a fourteen year old private soldier. He was younger than me by a few months but he surpassed me in everyday possible and I have been training extensively all my life.

I admit I am envious of his abilities but never did I been blind as to not see his feats. Aside from his first mission, every other mission has been perfectly done if the S-rank Florence is on the ranks. His missions were always at the front lines with S level danger like some ridiculously dangerous but still a must to be done missions. It was always him that saves out neck when the time needed for someone to step up.

I worked with him quite a lot but I never did have the chance to speak with him. He got this presence that gives me goosebumps when he is near. He would not even acknowledge our presence and would just stare blankly at somewhere. Everybody thinks that he is looking down on us but I know it is not the case. I don't know what he is thinking but I got this nagging feeling that he is carrying a very heavy burden which he solely carries.

Despite being strong and cunning, he fights like a man that keeps on holding the thin line of death and life. Like he was ready to die the next second but a thread of life always rescues him. Don't get me wrong at all. He was not weak but totally a fearsome soldier and for that he is isolated and despised by many. He was human yet he does things beyond human capabilities. I don't know if he is living on the past or the present. His unchanging facial expression and cold as ice eyes were unfathomable even in the face of death itself. Maybe... Just maybe he is the savior of us mankind from the hands of the vampires and not the damed queen everybody is desperate to find.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't notice I was standing on my father's door absentmindedly. I quickly recomposed myself and put on the soldier face. I opened the door and greeted the man who holds all the authority on the last stand of humanity.

"Good morning sir." I greeted and headed towards desk and handed him the file I was holding.

He turned around just to acknowledge my presence and received the pictures. He scanned the file and I observe what could possibly the general's reaction to the file. He sighed and placed the file on his desk and leaned back on his chair.

"Is the mission a failure despite with the S-rank Florence?"

I know he is very disappointed with the current events and we can't send anymore S-rank to venture. Loosing our top soldier is a heavy blow on our side but sending the remaining S-rank is the seal to out extinction.

"We are still not sure sir. The satellite is now working to look at the last week's mission since the jamming system on the area is down."

He looked at me and I stared at him in confusion. He rarely gets work up on something because every time he needs something to be done, he would just pull Florence and get over it. Now that Florence is not around, I think he is getting worried and lost at what to do.

"Did I do the the right thing sending our soldiers to that tragic mission?" he asked clearly doubting his earlier actions which was never like him.

I don't know how to answer that at all. All I know is that we have lost a valuable asset of humanity. I kept my silence since I don't have the wisdom to answer.

Then a soldier barge in breathless and when he saw us he quickly felt ashamed and held is head down. He then calmed himself and nodded in both of us.

"Im sorry for the interruption but we got the satellite working and have visuals on the actual scene." he reported and we hurriedly left the room towards the communication room.

"What do we have?" my father asked with authority.

"We got visuals on area 282 sir. Its on screen." a personnel replied.

I looked on the screen and saw a clearer gruesome scene. Even faces of my fallen comrades can be seen if they are looking in the sky the time they died. The area seem abandoned but the mass bodies of vampires proves that a confrontation took place and I am impressed how a mere thirty seven soldier managed to took down that numbers. Three S-ranker and thirty three A-ranker took down a lot which boost our morale but still we lost thirty seven lives of the remaining thirty million seven hundred twenty one thousand three hundred eight and the weight of those lives were no joke. We lost high tanking veterans.

The room was full of murmurs and silent conversation for a while until someone interrupted with a loud voice.

"Sir the get away vehicle of the team is missing. The vehicle is only accessible with the provided verification code. Someone or some survived and took the vehicle sir." he reported quite merrily with the news.

I saw how everybody's face lit up with hope. The thought of the mission being successful is the best news that has been for the week. Even I been glad that some or someone survived and I clearly know who is that without being sure. That would be Florence. He have the devils luck's with the angel's protection so I know he is the one who took the vehicle. The answer is...

Where is he now?

"Track down the vehicle immediately! No one will rest until it is located." tye general roared to life.

Now what?

Sorry it this is short but it is necessary for the next chapter. Wahahahaha now let the chaos begin! See yah all good day and happy reading. Leave a comment or vote if it deserve one.