Meeting Veronica

“Now get up and fix your self. We are visiting a duchess.” he then rummage and started to pick up his equipments and placing it to his backpack.

“Let's go and visit the strongest Vampire in history.”

She then started to walk towards the east and I can't help to worry. How far is that east? I can't ran that fast like them at all. I am confident I got stamina but I don't have their enhanced abilities. How the hell would I make it?

Then suddenly I got a good idea. We left a transport vehicle for us not that far from here. We hoped we would be successful and I guess somehow we are, I mean I am? Maybe we can find an easier road that doesn’t involve the wilderness with me carrying these heavy stuffs. I got cut off with my thoughts though....

“Do you have something in your mind?” Rose asked eyeing me for something that I can't even understand. Maybe she forgot I can't travel as fast as she is. Sigh sometimes being human is a hassle.

“I would not be able to travel as fast as you are Rose. Human here..” and with that she gasp. Clearly she forgot about that.

“I see... what can we take as another option then?”

I started to compare if we head towards the wilderness straight to the east and just travel as fast as I can, or just go to the transport and take a longer route. I also need to think of her comfort and her eagerness to meet this duchess. I just hope she don't resist her queen. It would cause casualty and if she was the strongest then maybe she was stronger than her. That would spell our doom since I might not able to take on the elite guards by myself.

“Do you think it is wiser to head for the strongest vampire?” I started to ask and she just nodded for me to continue my argument. “I mean, if she refuse and a fight broke out, we would be faced with a difficult situation and I am not confident I can take all of the duchess' forces.”

She frowned and smiled at me that made me more confused. Did I miss something? Or something on my face?

“She would not fight if she chose to not join us. Like you, she hated being a vampire. All her personal servants were human and only the guards and her units were vampires. She was turned by an elder and she disliked it and killed the elder eventually.” she stated and that made me more alarmed. She was able to single handed an elder? No wonder she was the strongest.

I nodded but I still have my doubts. What if she has a grudge against the queen? She would be her first victim! “Then... does she hate you my queen?”

Her face turned more serious and then turned back but she muttered something like very. “You will know when you face her. For now let's find a way to get to her first. We might take longer if we travel on foot and I would really request for you to carry me since I wear heels.”

I smiled at her last sentence. Really, this queen never fails to amuse me. She seem to know when to lighten the mood and assure me that she knows what she is doing.

“We can use a transport vehicle that was left not to far from here. It was suppose to carry you back to the human side but since we have a contract that I would not return, we can use it.” I suggested as I carried also her beloved chair that she was so fond of.

“Is it big enough for me to sleep? I still haven't slept since last night. The stench is bad around the manor.” she suddenly cut and made me worry. When did she last fed? I wonder if she would fed along the way.....

“My queen, I apologize in advance but when did you last took a meal?” I asked as I bowed showing respect. It was like this on movies when treating a queen, right?