Meeting The Queen

Three more hours. The sun was beating the hell out of us. The surroundings didn't help cause the place was all bugs and other silent creatures that the silence was deafening. The air was full of tension as we positioned ourselves near the mansion which the lead said that the queen was help captive. How we would recognize her? We got no idea.

Capt. Rogers stationed us on a hidden grassy field. The mansion was only half a mile on our east and just waiting for instruction. A single command and life would slip out of our grasp again. Im using us now cause it would probably the last time.

Finally.....

"Seven hostile at front."

"We got poor visibility"

The radio burs out with more reports. I can feel all the tension in every passing second. A few more and this all might end. To live is the minimum concern but to reach the queen. All of thirty three lives waiting for the signal was all for the queen.

"Team one. Ready to go." Luke's earpiece sounded.

I looked unto him and smiled for him for the last time. We never know how many of those freaks were waiting there for us. Maybe a hundred or more and that would spell our doom.

"Ready for this man?" he asked a little amused. Its understandable that I look like a kid. We never met so never had the chance to gauge my abilities. Last night maybe the first or now is the last.

I nodded in response and watch as he smiled also for me. He also felt that there is no way all of us or many of us would be able to survive this. We are the best but we are not invincible. Its always a fact that there is no one invincible in the face of the vast enemy. That only applies on humans though, I've seen how those monster works in action. A single one of them is equivalent to a battalion of normal soldiers. It is not only by their speed and power but the wisdom of their long life span. Truly monsters.

"Team one ready for my signal. Eliminate hostile at the gate. Team two blast the guard house." Capt Rogers said through our earpiece.

Im on team one so my task was to eliminate at least two of the freaks that standing proudly at the gates. If they were normal people taking out two.. No all of them would be too easy as breaking a newborn's wrist but sadly they were freaks. Two is a great feat but taking out seven like last night was impossible with the visibility too high for them also. Its not true that they can see Clearer on the dark. They also have enhanced senses but nobody can see on a pitch black night.

"Team one Ready to go."

Team two ready to go."

"Three..."

I aimed to the guy on the left side and readying to move the aim next the man standing beside him. Two yards distance and would probably become 30 yards after the first shot.

"Two"

I placed my finger and ready to squeeze the trigger. As the last second go, I felt it again.... Cold..... Not a shiver but emptiness.

Monster......

"One!" Then I squeezed the trigger and instantly aiming for the next one without confirming the kill. It was not necessary.. I know where the bullet went even without the scope.

Lucky for me, the second target was dumbfounded and didn't expect a frontal assault on their mansion. He stood still and looked unto his fallen comrade.

He screamed very hard on top of his lungs. Probably a loved ones for him.. Too bad.. I squeezed the trigger again and the bullet went through his heart. I dislike aiming at the head. They blew up so nastily with the high powered bullet we use. With a Cheytac .408 cal on my hand, their flesh were like butters and their bones would be just like bamboo.