25 | serenade

SHAUN

After lunch, it was already a quarter to three. I told her I would meet her at her house so she could drop all of her gifts there and I could fetch her to the next destination.

"So where are we going?" She asked once she came into my car. "A studio," I answered her with a grin. "What, why?"

"You'll see." Cora, as curious as ever, asked. I winked as I drove with one hand and the other locked with hers. It was like a perfect fit for me.

On the way to the studio, I would constantly steal a glance of her and her cheeks would turn into pink. And that breathtaking smile she would cast me after I flash her my smile, it would leave my heart pumping ten times faster and asking for more. This girl could be the death of me.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived. My left hand was holding a folder while my right was holding her hand. We walked into the studio after getting the studio keys from the receptionist. When we entered the room, our hands were still locked and there was a grand piano in the center. She instantly knew what I was going to do and her pink lips widened.

"Alfred told you I could play the piano, right? But I stopped after Noah died. But after I found hope, you, I had the urge to play it again and I wrote a song for you." She gasped and followed my lead as I took a seat on the piano bench while she leaned against the grand piano.

I took a deep breath and started playing it. It has been three years since I touched a piano and the feeling of touching the keys was so damn good.

I missed this.

And what made it better was I was playing it for Cora. With her by my side, nothing could ever go wrong. I played with all my feelings for my princess and when I was done, she clapped for me and there were tears in her eyes. I quickly cupped her cheeks and wiped away her tears. I hated seeing her in tears, it causes my heart to clench.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked but she smiled and chuckled. "It was so beautiful and nobody has ever done that to me, thank you Shaun." I kissed her soft lips and replied, "Anything for you."

"Can you play my favorite song?" Her eyes lit up as I nodded and started playing Colors by Halsey. And then something unexpected happened.

I started singing.

Everything is blue.

Her pills, her hands, her jeans.

And now I'm covered in the colors pulled apart at the seams.

And it's blue.

And it's blue.

Cora suddenly sat next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder while she listened to me singing. Her eyes were closed and she was drowned in my voice and I was drowned in her.

I was completely hypnotized by her beauty, both in and out. Nothing could stop me from getting more attracted to her day by day.

Her eyes immediately flashed open widely when I finished the song but I started playing another one, All Of Me by John Legend. Because I would give her all of me.

What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in and you kicking me out.

Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down.

What's going in that beautiful mind?

I'm on your magical mystery ride.

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me but I'll be alright.