Chapter. 19

(Lydia's Outfit)

I sat at home with my laptop on my lap, my eyes burning from the constant stare I had on the bright screen. I shut it, and set it off to the side, running my hands through my hair.

        It was ten o'clock, and I didn't know what to do. My head was hurting and I found myself just staring up at the ceiling. And just like every other night this past week, she came drifting into my thoughts. Her hair, her eyes, her skin color, her attitude. She was constantly on my mind and I feel like it's literally driving me crazy. I quickly stood to my feet, and for some reason found myself putting my shoes on.

        My hand reached for my phone, holding it tightly as I searched for Lydia's contact name. Once I found it, I began typing;

        Weston is Awesome👑: off topic, but your the best thing that's ever happened to me.

        After I sent that, my hand clasped the brass colored door knob, pulling on it and yanking the door open. The cool night air hit me within seconds, cooling me down slightly. I slowly and quietly pulled the door closed behind me, hoping I wouldn't wake up my sister or either of my parents.

        I began walking down the torn up side walk, hugging my arms close to my chest. I had no idea where I was going, but my feet carried me as if they had a mind of their own. Pushing all my doubts aside, I continued on with my walk.

        I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket, but I didn't bother to pull it out and check. I just kept my eyes focused on my feet, and let the sound of passing cars and heavy wind consume my ears. Lydia came wondering into my mind once again, and a small smile formed on my face at the thought of her. My heart swelled and I felt a knot form in the bottom of my stomach. Every time I think about her that happens, and I'm not sure why, or what it is but for some reason it gave me a sense of comfort. I liked knowing these feelings are there.

With these thoughts still clear in my head, I found myself turning down a familiar street and it wasn't until just then that I knew where I was headed, and the knot in my stomach got even bigger. I was standing right in front of her driveway, the light in her room being the only one on at the moment, which gave me the confidence to walk down her driveway.

I walked across her yard, stopping below her window, and picking up a stick that was below my feet. Bringing my arm back, I let the stick fly from my hand, it hitting the center of her window perfectly.

        A few moments later, I saw her standing at her window, a pair of black framed glasses covered her dark blue eyes, and her brown hair was pulled up into a bun that rested on top of her head. I smiled at her, and lifted my hand up to send her a wave, which she returned with a bright smile, and began pulling up her window.

        "What are you doing here, Romeo?" She asked, leaning against the window frame, resting her chin against her palm.

        "I don't even know." I laughed, looking down at my shoes and kicking the dirt beneath me. I looked back up when I heard her laugh, the sound gaining my attention.

        "You just missed me?" She asked jokingly, her cheeks a light pink.

         "I guess you could say that." I laughed nervously, and Lydia shook her head before moving away from the window and I knew she was headed downstairs to open the door for me. I waited for a few seconds before I could hear the door being unlocked from the other side, causing me to walk up the small steps.