Chapter.12

(Lydia's outfit)
I stared up at my ceiling in defeat. The time reaching closer to one in the morning. My eyes were tired, but my mind was restless. My thoughts were consumed with my moms words.

'I absolutely forbid it.' She couldn't just expect me to stop seeing Lydia. I've had a crush on this girl for six years, and just as we become friends my mom 'forbids' it.

I didn't care, I was still gonna talk to her in school, and if she invites me to her house I'm going. I don't care what my mom says.

I pulled my blanket over my cold body, letting my head fall onto my pillow as a sigh of relief escaped my lips. Just as I had gotten comfortable, the muffled 'ding' of my phone came from somewhere under my stack of pillows.

I groaned, sliding my hand under my head and finding the thing, pulling it out from its hiding place.

My eyes strained against the bright screen, but I managed to read the words 'But Lydia is cooler💁🏻' on the front. I slid my thumb over the notification, my moms words completely evaporating.

But Lydia is cooler💁🏻: Hey. Can't sleep😴

Weston is awesome: Yeah me either🙄🙄 u ok?

The three dots that indicated she was typing were there for a while, making me grow anxious. They would go away, and then reappear a few seconds later. I bit my lip, my fingers hovering over the key board as I waited for her to reply.

But Lydia is cooler💁🏻: idk...I guess I just miss my dad. Me and Finn found an old picture of him and it...it just hurts😓

My heart sank. I could just imagine her laying in bed, her face stained with tears and red cheeks. That made my body ache at the sight of seeing her so sad. I tried my best to shake away the thought, but it stayed in my mind like a distant memory.

Weston is awesome👑: do you want to talk about it?

But Lydia is cooler💁🏻: yeah. Can I come over?

I scrunched my brows together. It was one A.M and I knew that Lydia wouldn't hesitate to show up. If I were maybe a just a bit older I wouldn't hesitate to have her come over, also the fact that my mom hates her might be a problem.

        Weston is awesome👑: it's 1am Lydia! Plus it's a school night.

        But Lydia is cooler💁🏻: did you forget I'm suspended?😂 plus...I may or may not be walking down your neighborhood.

        My eyes widened and I found myself sitting up, I spotted the shirt I had thrown on the floor earlier, and pulled it over my head. My heart was practically racing right now. I couldn't help but shake in my spot, my hands trembling as I picked my phone back up. I didn't want to lash out on her, she was hurting and needed a shoulder to lean on.

        Weston is awesome👑: how do you even know where I live?

        But Lydia is cooler💁🏻: i texted Ian and he gave me your address. I'm like 2 minutes away😂