XLVII

*FRANK'S P.O.V*

"Don't fuss, Frank. He'll like how you look even if you were wearing a fucking paper bag."

I move my lips to the side, staring blankly into my closet. "Yeah, but this is special, I need to look special."

Ryan giggles. "You already do."

I glare at him. "Not funny, I'm stressing."

Ryan and I had became friends since the party where we met. Since Gerard wasn't around as much, I turned to Ryan for company. Little did I know that Ryan was actually really fucking cool.

Today was Valentine's Day and I was going on the 'fancy dinner' with Gerard and I was fucking stressing. Who knew it could be this difficult choosing what to wear, my fucking God.

"Here," Ryan jumps up from his seat on my bed and walks over to the closet. He stands there for a second, hip lifted and deep in thought. He grabs a black dress shirt and a pair of nut-hugging black skinny jeans. I let my eyes widen when Ryan throws them to me with a: "Put 'em on, I'll help you straighten your hair."

I gulp and do what he says.

Once dressed and slightly uncomfortable because Goddamn, these jeans were tight, Ryan helps me straighten my hair, only burning me twice which was a win. I do a thin line of eyeliner under each eye and finger comb my straight hair. I stand in front of a mirror and look at myself.

My shirt was buttoned up and both arms cuffed up to the elbow, contrasting with my pale skin. It shows off the faint marker lines that I couldn't wash off from when I've wrote on myself. My skinny jeans were tight and actually looked half decent. I threw on a pair of Doc Martens to kinda pull it all together.

I fixed my nose piercing and smiled at myself in the mirror. I smiled to myself again because this was going to be good, better than good. I grin bigger and look to see how fake it is. I end up frowning, turning my lip and shrugging as I walk away from the mirror.

Ryan leaves a little later, wishing me good luck. He said I looked scared shitless, fuck. Was it showing?

I wait around for another half an hour, sort just reapplying my eyeliner and pacing around my room. I nervously bite my nails and picks at my lips. I stop though soon after, not wanting to fuck up my appearance.

I put on a sweater, nothing really fancy. Just my loose fitting Gerard hoodie. It's still too big for me and I love the cocktail of cigarette smoke, coffee aroma and vanilla on it.

The knock at my door made me jump. I jogged over and whipped the door open to reveal Gerard looking like a gentleman. His long hair looks freshly dyed and parted so I could see his face. He had a bit of eyeliner on as well and he looked just as nervous. He was wearing a black, long sleeve button up with a red tie. He wore a pair of snug looking black skinny jeans with a pair of beat up converse and a leather jacket to too it all off. He looked sexy, holy fuck. Now I felt self-conscious.

"Uh, these are for you." He holds out a bouquet of blood red roses. I stare a bit shocked at them but take this with a shit eating grin.

"You are so sweet." I giggle as I get on my tippy toes to kiss him. He makes a noise of satisfaction right before a pull away.

"God, you look so hot." Gerard purrs, licking his lips as I do a little twirl for him, showing him the complete look. "Fucking hell."

I giggle again and shake my head. "You don't look too shabby either, Mr.Way."

"Mmm, I like the sound of that." I laugh and grab the hand he was holding out.

"I like those jeans on you." He speaks again as we walk to his car.

I hum. "I knew you would," I playfully smirk.

.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.

The date was pretty civil at the beginning, being polite to everyone around us and or waiter. We were completely out of place seeing as we were teenagers dressing in mostly all black amongst a crowd of middle-aged, champagne sipping carbon copies of one another.

Hell, I couldn't even say the name of the restaurant. I was impressed.

We were served and the food was great, but just hanging out with Gerard was better. We soon grew tired of the boring surroundings and began (as bad as it probably sounds) mocking the people around us and stealing champagne from the waiter. I don't even know how we started flicking food at each other.

What could I say? We were teenagers. So what if we got dirty looks, Gerard and I were laughing our asses off and having a good time.

And guess where we were now? In the back of Gerard's car in the vacant parking lot next store over. Surprise, fucking surprise.

I moan quietly as Gerard squeezes my thigh. I grin as I lift myself up and straddle Gerard's waist. He smirks up at me, slipping his hands into my back pockets as I throw off my sweater. I begin to pop the buttons on my dress shirt, revealing more and more skin with a bitten lip.

"Mmm, yeah baby." Gerard purrs, running his hands over my chest when I let the rough top slip from my arms. I lean down to kiss him, capturing his lip between my teeth, biting playfully. He groans, sliding his hands into my back pockets again. He grabs my ass as I unbutton his shirt. I pull it apart when I undo them all, biting my lip as I pull away from his.

"I wanna blow you." I mumble as I kiss his neck. He grunts, lifting my chin away from his next and redirecting it towards him. Gerard kisses me, hesitating like he wanted to say something.

"No, yes, um. Not now." I furrow my eyebrows. Was Gerard Way rejecting my mouth on his dick? "Uh, it's not that I don't want a blowj, it's just... Lets kiss, okay?"

I'm still confused but I shrug a bit, gripping his face as he began to kiss me with passion. Every kiss is a little hesitant, almost like he was trying to reel me in. It's a mix of hungry kissing and little, sweet kisses. He was teasing me with his lips and it was making me go crazy.

He pulls back for a particularly long time, well as long as you can get between a messy make out. Gerard stares down at my lips, which are probably cherry red and puffy and then looks up at me through his lashes. I make a small whimper sound because how can anyone look so

hot.

Gerard leans in the kiss me again but hesitates, dragging his lips down my jaw to my neck. I groan and he bites on the skin, using the tip of his tongue to trace a line between the kisses that are planted on the tender skin. A hand travels up my knee as Gerard sucks on the side of my jaw, just underneath. He slides the hand up, resting on the zipper of my pants. The seventeen year old smirks against my skin as he goes to the spot he knows drives me crazy.

He plants a little kiss behind my ear. He bites down roughly, sucking on the marked skin and digging the heal of his palm roughly into the bulge in my pants.

I gasp and feel my eyes roll back into my head. "I love you, oh God."

Gerard's lips freeze on my neck and I snap my eyes open. Gerard pulls away from my neck, horrified. We kinda just stare at each other because holy fuck, I just said it.

I didn't mean to, well

I meant it, but I didn't mean to say it out loud. I've been thinking about it for a while now and I know Gerard is scared to love back, that's why I didn't say anything sooner, but I did love him. At least, I think I did. I really did not want him to find out this way.

I really just wish the ground beneath me out open up and swallow me whole.

"I'm sorry." I mumble, breaking the uncomfortable silence. Gerard's still staring. "I didn't mean to say it out loud."

He opens his mouth to say something but no words come out. Gerard's eyebrows furrow and look down at the seat.

"Frank, " He finally says, rubbing his shaky hands on his jeans. "I can't say it back."

"I know, I was stupid of me to let it slip."

Gerard shakes his head violently. "It wasn't stupid." He says almost in a whisper and he looks up. Gerard's eyes look sad, pleading, heartbroken. It took everything inside me not to pull him into a tight embrace. "I can't. I just can't."

When those words, Gerard looks like he's about to go hysterical. I understood Gerard couldn't say it, but it still hurts. I feel almost rejected.

Gerard seems to notice how my eyes fill with tears. His face softens a bit. "I'm sorry, Frank. I'll just... Drive you home."

Rejected.

I nod and open the car door and make my way to the passenger seat. I climb in and brace myself for an awkward ride home.

It's a really awkward ride him. Gerard smoking a cigarette as I try not to cry. His shirt is back on sloppily and I just sling mine on without a care. Nobody says anything until he pulls up to my house. I reach for the door handle but Gerard grabs my arm with a "wait."

I look up hopefully, eyes large. He looks guilty and upset but his face his a bit stern. "I'm sorry." He says once again. I can feel my face changing to another sad look and Gerard adverts his eyes.

But I nod, once again, and get out of the car.