XLIX

*MIKEY'S P.O.V*

April

I was at my locker, going through all my things as the lunch bell goes. I groan at the loud noise which scared me and made me drop my glasses. I put down my book bag and look for my glasses. Not being able to find them, I furrow my eyebrows.

"Looking for these?" A sly voice comes from behind me. I don't even need to fucking turn around to know who it is. I turn around and I'm not surprised to be face to face with the one and only Billie Joe Armstrong.

I smile a bit, face blushing with embarrassment. I look down at my feet shyly. "Thanks." I say timidly.

"Hey," Billie's voice is soft as he uses two fingers to lift my chin. I lock eyes with his brilliant green ones, mesmerized by the swirling colours in them. "Here."

Billie places them on my face, sliding them up to the bridge of my nose. His fingers brush my hair back and my knees go a little weak.

Wow, cliché.

I pull my head back with a smile, feeling my face rush scarlet. "Thanks, again." I say lamely, turning to shut my locker and lock it. I turn back to Billie and he hands me my backpack. "Thanks...again." I smile a lame cheeky smile because I'm just that cool.

He chuckles, loud and bright. He claps my shoulder and shakes his head. "I'll see you around, Mikey."

With one last smile, Billie walks way from me and I just turn around and watch, a bit stunned.

"See you around...too?" I reply once he's out of view and I finally compose myself.

God, I was so screwed.

.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.

Gerard's not at the lunch table, big surprise.

Frank's there, waiting like a little, patient puppy dog. I sigh, feeling bad for my brother and his boyfriend. It was a bad time for them. They haven't been speaking since the whole Valentine's Day incident. But Frank always waited at the table for Gerard.

Gerard spent lunches these days in the back of his car.

I make my way over, smiling as big as I could. "Hey, Frank!"

Frank looks up, a bit confused but a lot relieved. "Hi Mikey. Thank God you're here! I need your help."

I grin, a little bit more real. I plop myself in a seat across from Frank. "What do you need?"

Frank fidgets with his fingers. "Well, Gerard and I haven't spoken in... A while, and it's his birthday next week and I dunno what to get him or what to do and fuck, I need your help."

I frown at Frank's distress, placing my bag next to me. "Just, I dunno how to fix your relationship..." I bite my lip when I see Frank cringe. "But just for the day, pretend like nothing happened. Like everything is fine. Just for the day. That's Gerard's eighteenth. Lets make it special."

Frank looks wide eyed and hopefully. His lips turn up a little at the sides. "That could work."

I nod. "As for the present," I smile widely. "I have the

perfect idea."

The other sixteen year old grins back.

.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.

*GERARD'S P.O.V*

Birthday's suck.

They really do. You just get older. I spent ten minutes this morning just looking at my face in the mirror seeing if I've got any wrinkles, spots or fucking grey hairs. Thank fuck I didn't.

God, fucking eighteen. I'm an adult.

What sucks ever fucking more is that I have nobody to spend it with. I think Frank's avoiding me. I wouldn't know because I've been too busy avoiding him. Nonna's gone, and I don't wanna say I've let go or whatever, but I understand more of what it's like to lose someone. I understand the process and I think I may be on the last.

Acceptance.

It still hurt though.

This birthday's been lame. I woke up to little surprises like pancakes and cheery faces and new, neatly wrapped boxes of hair dye and chucks.

The biggest surprise was when I felt someone jump on my back.

I was just causally walking through the halls before lunch, backpack in hand and making my way to my car to drive around for an hour, listening to eardrum bursting music. I was trying to look as miserable as I really was so nobody would stop to say anything when I felt two hands grip my shoulders and push up, wrapping their legs around my waist and arms around my neck. They cover my eyes and kiss my jaw.

"Guess who, birthday boy." They snicker and press another peak to under my ear.

For once, in a long time, I smile.

"Robert Downey Jr?!"

They scoff and uncover my eyes, jumping down. They spin me around and I come face to face with Frank. He leans up and kisses me, full on, hot and heavy. In the middle of the fucking school hallway.

When he pulls back, my lips try to find his again but I pull back too when he giggles. "Happy birthday, Gee."

I just look at him for lost time. He looks the same basically, it's only been a month or two, but different. His hair was a bit messy and his eyes looked tired, yet happy. There's a couple of light bruises on his arm and a scratch above his eye that only revealed himself when his fringed moved as he bounced.

"Frank..." I say surprised, licking my lips because