Chapter 9

THIS IS A FILLER CHAPTER BECAUSE I FEEL REALLY BAD ABOUT NOT UPDATING WITH A REAL CHAPTER IN SO LONG, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO WRITE. SO HERE GOES NOTHING...

1 week later

Waking up, I already feel exhausted and mentally drained from the past weeks chaos. Slowly getting out of my designated bunk in the middle, I make my way into the kitchen area to find Lee and Vegan already up and eating breakfast.

"Hey Lils, how are you feeling?" Lee asks as he notices me walk in.
"I'm feeling okay, drained and exhausted, by okay." I respond, forcing a smile.

After the whole Trent and Mark situation, we finally made it to our first destination here in the UK (again, I have no idea where this is set and I'm literally pulling this out of thin air) and the show was amazing, as usual, and so were the several following that.
But today we were saying goodbye to the bus for a while and we're saying hello to travelling by plane to Australia (I thought it would be easier for me to write if it was in a country I live in). I've only ever been on a plane once, but I was far too young to even remember what it was like. Thinking about going on the plane today is making me super nervous and when I get super nervous I get really bad stomachaches and I can't move until they pass..or until I go to the bathroom...
I know I shouldn't be thinking about it, nothing is going to go wrong. Everything is going to be fine. But I can't help it. When I get nervous like this, I also can't stomach anything, so eating breakfast today is not an option.

"Are you hungry Lil, I can make you some toast or some cereal or something?" Vegan asks, already getting up to start making me something. Before he get get too far I stop him.

"I'm too nervous about today. I don't think I can stomach anything right now, maybe later. Thank you anyway Vegan." I tell him softly.

"Okay then sweetheart." He throws a sympathetic smile my way as I turn around.
Already feeling my stomach churning I say,
"I think I'm just going to go talk to Dad." I tell them, walking back down the bus and stopping in front of Dad's bunk.
I slowly open the curtain to his bunk to find him still asleep, so I climb up into his bunk and lay down next to him. As if it's an automatic thing, he pulls me close to his chest and kisses my forehead before opening his eyes.
"Hey, babygirl, are you okay?" 
"I'm not feeling too well. I'm nervous about today, the plane." 

"There's nothing to be worried about, I go on planes all the time and nothing has ever happened while I've been on one."
"Yeah, but what what if today is the exception and today the plane decides it wants to fall out of the sky or one of the propellers breaks off mid-flight or what if-" 
"Okay Lils, I think you watch too many movies and read too many books." Dad says, chuckling away while I'm still freaking out.
"But-"
"No buts Lily. You'll be fine, okay? We'll all be there with you, so if something does go wrong we'll all go together. Just calm that pretty head of yours down" He tells me, trying to lighten the mood. Key word, TRYING.
"CALM DOWN?! HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN YOU JUST SAI-" I was cut off.
"Oh Lily, you drama queen." He says laughing at my outburst. Pulling me closer to him, we lay there in silence for a while.
"Have I ever told you about what your Mum said to me when you were first born?" He asks me out of the blue. Dad never really likes to talk about Mum because it upsets him too much, but I guess he's trying to make me concentrate on something other than the plane situation.
Mum died when I was only 2 and a half, due to Cervical Cancer, leaving my dad to look after me on his own. But luckily for him he had the help from Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Tom and the rest of the band.

"What did she say?" I question softly, knowing this is a hard topic for him to talk about. Dad takes a deep breath before answering softly enough, he was basically whispering.
"With just one look at you, she told me that you would grow up to be a beautiful little girl with my personality traits. You'd be introverted but become fiery when the you're passionate about something, just like me. And you know what?" He continued without me having to question. "I think she was right, although you're very much like me, you're also very much like her."
"In what ways?"
"You have her smile and her sense of humour that could brighten anyones day, but most of all, you have her beautiful eyes. Every time I look into your eyes I see your beautiful mum and every time I hear your laugh I hear her. Oh I miss her so much." By the end of his explanation, Dad was in tears.
"I miss her too Daddy, I wish I had more time with her before she left. I wish I could've got her know all of the things you know about her. I miss her too Daddy." I told him, crying my own tears. Not just for Dad, but for the Mum I never got to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Was that last part too sad?
Was the ending too abrupt?
Let me know what you thought.
Vote, comment, follow.

Thank you
~ Princess Cai