Chapter I

[JUNE 19, THURSDAY, 12: 35 PM]

Max's POV

"Maam, here's your mail."

I looked at the guy who was giving it to me and immediately took it. He left my office, seconds after. A few white envelopes were the usual but this time, there's this red envelope that got my attention. I got it and I grabbed a pocket knife to cut the seal off. The paper inside was scented. I took it and I started to read.

'You are cordially invited to the wedding of...'

Tsk. They're finally getting married huh? Well, I have ties with them and they have ties with me and besides, maybe it was the perfect time to go home.

I called my secretary through the intercom. She immediately got inside my office.

I stared at her. She was wearing a polkadotted skirt with a pink polo matched up with brown combat boots. She flinched so I decided to stop staring.

"Book me a flight to Manila, Philippines tomorrow. The earlier, the better." I said.

She looked shocked for a while but she recovered.

"Maam, you have an appointment with Mr. Serion tomorrow, you'll be tal-"

"Screw my meetings. I don't know if I'm coming back but I'm sure I'll be a long time there. My sister would be coming over and she'd take over me or I'll manage the whole facility from the Philippines. You know I can do that Martha." I told her with a sly smile on my face.

"Okay maam. I'll cancel all your appointments and I'll book you a flight to Manila, Philippines. Is that all maam?"

"No. That's not all. Martha, would you do me a favor and change your clothes for me, you look like your coming to the circus. Something more presentable that doesn't scream circus freak." I said.

She looked taken a back. Oh please.

"You can leave." I told her and I didn't need to tell it to her twice.

I looked at the invitation that was still sitting in my hands.

After 10 long years. I could finally go home because I had a reason to go home. Well I always wanted to go home but my father wouldn't allow me since I don't have a reason 'valid' enough. A wedding would be great since my father was a fan of all lovey dovey things despite his image. He was a well-known business tycoon not only here in New York but also in different parts of the world. True. He was rich but now he's dead. He died two years ago. It was amazing that I didn't cry that much but still he became my father, ten years ago. We still respected his terms when it comes to living with him even after he died that was why I never had the chance to go home to the Philippines.He was a caring father. He just apologized for everything that he did so I forgived him. After he died, I was immediately appointed as CEO of all his fast food chains. Well, I kinda knew that I was going to handle it since my sister don't seem to have any interest about business and I was trained since I was eighteen.

My monologue got disturbed when I heard my phone ringing. I immediately answered when I saw that my sister was calling.

"Ahh. News got out so fast to you huh?" I asked her.

"Yes Maxine. Ba't ka nga pala uuwi? And who'll manage the business?" She asked me back.

"Ang bilis talaga. Para bang may pakpak ang balita dito. Anyway, I'm going home for a wedding. I'll manage the business from there. May main office naman tayo doon eh." I reasoned out with her.

"Just be sure that you could handle it. You know I can't come with you since I have Alec with me." She said.

The mention of Alec's name made me smile. He is such a cute baby.