Chapter 4 ~ Goodbye

I got up at 5:00 to pack the rest of my stuff up. Damn, I only had 4 hours of sleep! I think that's a new record! I really need to get out of the habit of coming back late and going to sleep in the mornings.

We were leaving at 10:00am so I had a few more hours left. It was a Saturday so I doubt anyone would be up this early, God I was wrong.

My phone started playing "Trigger" and I already knew one of my friends were calling to check up on me. When I looked I saw that Nath was calling, when I answered he didn't say anything. "Hello?" I spoke breaking the small silence over the phone.

"H-hey, I- I just wanted to see if you're still in Cov?..." Nath's voice sounded depressed and awfully sad. Maybe something happened. I knew Nath's parents always argued and brought him up in those petty little arguments. Maybe they were little but it took a lot out of Nath and those arguments happened a lot.

"A-are yo- what's happened?!" I started worrying and panicking, what's gonna happen when I'm not here? Who's gonna be there for him?

He didn't answer me. I just heard silent sobs. I knew he was trying to hold back the tears. Knowing that I'm leaving in a few hours didn't help me calm down.

While, still on the phone to him, I ran out the house and across the street. When I was about to knock on the door I heard shouts from the inside. His parents must've been arguing again. I never really had to knock to come in to his house, they always treated me like a family member. Both me and Nath have keys to each other's houses. But this time I knocked as I felt like a complete stranger to them, I was moving.. I wouldn't be so close to my best friend like this anymore.

His mom opened the door, I could see her right eye was bruised. She tried hard to cover it up with her Raven hair, but failed. She put on a smile stepping out of the way letting me in, "darling you know you don't have to knock." She reminded me.

I smiled and nodded at her, handing her the key to the house and saying, "I do now.. I'm moving away, if Nathaniel didn't mention it yet.."

I totally forgot I was still on the phone to him, I noticed the phone hung up and he was standing on the stairs with red, puffy eyes.

Seeing him like this only made me want to cry more, and regret my choice of leaving.

"H-hi," I spoke trying to smile at him. His mom closed the door behind me as I stepped in. Nath only nodded his head at me motioning for me to come up.

When we entered Nath's room, I heard his parents start shouting again. I closed the door behind me, when I did I ran up to him giving him a huge, tight hug.

"I'm leaving today, in a few hours in fact." I reminded him, not pulling away from the hug. 'The last time I'll hug him like this...' I thought.

I wanted the hug to last for long. I never wanted to let go of him. I wanted to stay there by his side 24/7. I felt him starting to pull away, but I just hugged him tighter, "stay.. Please, just let me hold you a little longer..." I pleaded almost bursting into tears.

I immediately felt him return the hug once again. We stayed there in silence until he spoke up, still hugging each other. "I'm not gonna have moments like this with you anymore... I'll hate that."

I didn't say anything just kept quite. Minutes passed until I finally burst into tears. Crying my heart out into his shoulder. I felt him burry his own head in the crook of my neck. Letting me know he was now also crying.

Hours passed and it was finally time for me to leave. As much as I hated and didn't want to, I let loose of the hug and stood up straight.

"I-I-it's time I-I-I g-go.." Tears still rolling down my cheeks. Noticing he was silent. I remembered our conversation a few nights ago..

"H-hey, remember what we talked about a few nights ago?"

"Y-yeah.. Our future and what it's gonna be like.." That brought a smile to his soft and sooo kissable lips.

"I.. I'll still keep that promise." I hesitated thinking over the promise again. "I promise, to keep that promise!" I said now more confidently.

"Goodbye, Luna.." His voice broke. He was crying again. I hugged him one last time and left without saying a word.

Outside I saw my parents packing up a few more things in the car. I took that as an opportunity to make a new group chat with all my friends and tell them goodbye. They weren't gonna reply anytime soon I knew that.. But I just didn't want to leave without saying anything to them.

A few minutes later I got in the car and we headed off... This brought tear to my eyes as all my childhood memory's flooded my Brian.

This was a fresh start. A new adventure. It was time to let go.. And start something new... Goodbye Childhood home, Goodbye friends, Goodbye Nathaniel...