A new school

Chapter 1: A new school

Beautiful and brunette, Lillie Milton, 17, looked up at the tall, arched, wrought iron gates of Optimus Schola. Being her 8th school in 10 years, Lillie wasn’t fazed at the idea of being the new girl. Quietly, Lillie was wondering what she was going to be expelled for this time.

Her long dark brown hair was tied up in a high ponytail to keep it out of her sparkling hazel eyes and she was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a white hoodie for the cool autumn weather. On her feet were a pair of well-worn maroon Converses. Her figure was thin and athletic and Lillie was easily one of the most beautiful person that people had seen. Of the limited few that knew Lillie, they said she took after her mother, who was ranked the #1 most beautiful woman of 2012.

Optimus Schola was a private, co-ed, boarding school in the countryside of Derbyshire, England. It had five main buildings - the girls dormitories, the boys dormitories, the teachers dormitories and the other two buildings were full of classrooms. The school was built from red bricks and had obviously just been re-built. The building was modern, but not too modern that it marred the flow of the countryside. It had a distinct Edwardian style. In fact, the school looked almost like a huge farmhouse. An extra huge farmhouse, Lille thought.

As Lillie walked in, she breathed in the fresh air and felt a welcoming sense coming into her. She felt her shoulders relax and her hands unclench, as she continued taking deep breaths. She looked around at the lush grass on either side of the gravel path. In the far right corner, close to the building, Lillie saw five girls joking and laughing under a large oak tree. 

“Well, Lils, what do you think?” asked her dad, ‘The Raging Wars’ star, Tristan Milton. “Nice, huh?” 

“Yeah,” Lillie nodded. Lillie was the daughter of the world famous actor, Tristan Milton. He had an affair with the model, Dianne Amor. However, most people didn’t know about Lillie, as Tristan Milton and his fiance of three years (Dianne Amor) had succeeded in hiding her from the terrors of publicity and fame. 

Walking up to the office with her dad, Lillie saw pictures of past students and house and school captains. 

“Hello, dear, you must be Lillie?” asked the kindly, old office lady, after Tristan had finished speaking to her. 

Lillie smiled, “Yep, that’s me.” 

“Nice to meet you,” replied the office lady, who’s name tag said ‘Mrs. Wallace’. Suddenly, Tristan’s phone rang. After a quick “excuse me”, he answered the phone. Lillie’s heart sank. She could guess by his face what the call was about - he was going to have to leave and go film his next movie. 

As soon as he was off the phone, Tristan said, “Sorry, Lils, but I have to run. Dianne just got a call from the auditioning agency and they said they needed me to be there for the auditions. I’m really sorry.” Lillie tried to smile, but only managed a small one.

“That’s okay, dad, really. I can manage.”

“Thanks for understanding,” said Tristan, “but I gotta run now. See you. I’ll call you tonight!” And with those words, Tristan Milton left the office of Optimus Schola.

“Here’s your timetable, dear,” said Mrs Wallace, handing Lillie a sheet of paper. “It also has your homeroom, house, locker number and dorm and there’s a map on the other side.” She also handed Lillie a plastic bag. “Here is the school uniform. There are two sets in here - just in case. You’re welcome to come back down if you need anything. Your bags will be in your dorm when you arrive there.” 

Lillie looked down at the sheet. It said, ‘House: Fortis, Homeroom: Mr Boyle (236), Locker Number: 2-3-16 (58230), Dorm: 132’ and the timetable was on the other side.