Chapter two(not edited)

This chapter is dedicated to ArshiDokadia for helping me out with the MBBS information and for being an amazing friend. Thank you Arshi! Go read her books!

Also, thanks to all those who offered to help me.

After so many years, for the first time, I woke up late on a Saturday morning.

The past years had forced me to wake up early everyday for my college.

It was refreshing to sleep carelessly for a day without any responsibilities or tension.

I looked at clock and saw it was ten in the morning. I decided it was time to finally leave my soft and comfortable bed.

I did my daily morning routine and went downstairs to get some breakfast.

"So my princess is finally awake! I thought she had turned into a sleeping beauty." Papa teased as I entered the dining area.

He was sitting on the table with a newspaper in his hand and sipping his as usual black tea. He preferred black tea instead of milk tea.

"Papa!" I whined.

He laughed at my expression.

"Oh! So you decided to finally leave your best friend?" It was my mother.

I frowned at her in confusion. Leave my best friend?

"Your bed." She rolled her eyes.

I covered a yawn with my hand "Not you too Mamma. I slept late after so many years. Don't be jealous of my sleeping." I slumped on the table.

"Han han...chalo khaalo."(yes, yes... Come and eat) Mamma brought a plate full of vegetable noodles and a fork with it. She knew I loved to eat those on holidays.

The noodles taste amazing when they were hot otherwise it would get sticky so I preferred to eat them on Holidays.

"Yum Maa... Thank you." I smiled at her and indulged in my food.

"You know as a doctor, you should advice people to avoid unhealthy foods." Papa interrupted my bonding session with my noodles.

"Right now, I am your and Maa's daughter only, not any doctor." I smiled and went back to my food.

Being a doctor was sometimes hard. Not because of the work but the expectations associated with being a doctor.

It was like you have to act like a perfect role model. But hello! Doctors are human beings too.

"I was just training you. You know you are going to hear it a lot from now on, princess." Papa folded the newspaper and placed it on the table. He took a sip of the tea.

I sighed "I know Papa. Sonal dee has already given me the trailer."

"Really? That's like my girl." Papa smirked.

"Papa!" I glared at him.

"What?" He acted innocent with his eyes wide open.

"Oh, just let her eat in peace! Let her enjoy the days she has before she starts." Mamma scolded. It was funny to see Maa scolding Papa.