Chapter 9(Not edited)

"Arnav, where are we going?" We were currently inside Arnav's car. I kept asking him but he refused to tell me.

"I told you to have patience, Ashu" Arnav sighed.

After travelling for more than twenty minutes, a big white coloured house came into the view.   It was surrounded by big walls and I could see a lawn in front of the house. There was a small cottage like structure in the garden area with some chairs and table in it.  I didn't have to ask whose house it was but my mind couldn't accept it.

"Is-is it your house?" I asked

"Yes," Arnav answered. 

"But, why have you brought me here?" I started to panic. I had a feeling that something was not right.

The security guards opened the gates and Arnav drove inside. He didn't answer me until he had parked the car in the garage area. The silence was killing me. 

He turned off the ignition and turned towards me after unbuckling his seat belt. 

"I think it is not fair that I have met almost all of your family members while you are still in the dark about mine." 

"That's not true! I have met Aarti dee and " I protested.

"Yes, you have met one of the most important people in my life but that was almost eight years ago and if you are going to be a part of my future, then you need to know everything. I understand that you are panicking but I am here with you. I will always be with you." Arnav caressed my cheek and kissed my forehead. 

"Okay" I nodded quietly. 

"Anyway, I should be the one to panic. Who knows, you might leave me after meeting my dysfunctional family." Arnav teased. 

I pulled him closer by the collar and said, " Sorry, Mr. but you have landed yourself into an eternal contract with me. You cannot escape anywhere." I stuck my tongue out and pushed him back.

"Well, that's a really good deal." He smirked.

"Now, let us go before I start running away," I ordered.

"As you wish madam." He got out of his door and was at my side, as soon as I opened the passenger door. He took my hand in his and we marched forward towards the battlefield.

 He took my hand in his and we marched forward towards the battlefield

(I am just trying out this image feature)

The interior of his house screamed luxury. It had all the things that would classify it as expensive. But it didn't feel homely. Was it only my perception? Was it because of the things I heard about of his past? There are some questions whose answers will always remain unknown.

"The house is quite flashy. Not something that you would look forward to returning to, " Arnav's voice was just a whisper like he was afraid that the house would consume him for his feelings.