Chapter four

I don't know anything about the process of medical internship and all. I have written this according to my imagination and by watching various Tv shows etc. I apologies for this and I would edit it in future after I get sufficient knowledge regarding this. 

Also, sorry if the chapter is not that good. I have already explained the cause in the note in previous part. 

Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was finally Monday. First day, of the week and a big day for me. It was the day where a new journey of mine started.

Yes, I was nervous. This was not the same like college. Mistakes would cost your and someone else's life.

Papa insisted on dropping me to my workplace. So right now, I was sitting in the front seat of the car with my father in the driver seat.

I tried to take deep breathes to calm myself. The wind was rather soothing today.

The only thing that made me confident was the believe of my loved ones on me. I knew they were going to be there for me.

I opened my phone and clicked on Whatsapp application to message Arnav.

"I am on my way, right now. Papa is taking me there." I messaged.

The two double tick marks turned to blue after a minute and the status showed him typing.

"All the best, Kitty. I know, you are nervous but once you reach there and start working, you will like it." He knew me too well. I didn't need words to express my emotions to him.

"I hope so. Thank you." I replied back.

"Love you, Kitty. Tell your father that I will be taking you home from the hospital. Remember, I am just a call away or maybe a message ;) " The smile it brought to my face was even noticed by my father.

"I guess, that boy is truly a gem." Papa muttered.

"What?" I asked confused while locking the phone screen.

"The person who could make my princess smile in time of dire need must be a true gem." Papa explained.

"How do you know, it was Arnav?" I raised my eyebrow and smiled.

"Well, I know my daughter well." Papa just grinned like he was hiding some secret. It was not possible for him to have seen the name on my phone while driving.

"I guess, you are right." I grinned back.

"Here you go, your destination has arrived." Papa declared.

I looked out the window and saw the old yet strong sunset yellow building ahead. There was big boarding with the name "Nilachal hospital" written on it. This was the place that was going to be the foundation of my career.

"Go beta, spread your wings." Papa patted my back to encourage me.

I nodded in agreement and opened the car door to step out.

"Call me when you have to go back, okay?" Papa called out.

I turned back and lowered at car window level "Papa, you don't have to come. Arnav said, he will be picking me up." I smiled.

" But he is in the city. Also, he might get busy with something in the hospital." I could see a slight hint of hesitation in Papa's face and tone. I knew that it was not because he didn't trust Arnav, my parents fully did. It was something else. Something that I knew later on that only a father could understand.