Chapter 2

Xander

It's my first day going to a new school and I'm not that excited. I didn't want to move but i was fine with it because the school I'm moving to is a really good school that can get you accepted in good colleges and universities faster than people who came from normal Filipino schools. But I thought that what if wala kong kaibigan sa new school na 'to? What if,no one wants to be friends with me? Oh who am I kidding? I'm Simon Alexander Gil and I was one of the most popular kids back in my previous school. I'm sure I'll do fine here. Besides,my best friends,Hayme and DJ will be going to this school too. So I got up from my bed and prepared for what I feel like would be a crazy day ahead.

When i got to the school,the first people i saw were of course,DJ and Hayme. Hayme Medina and Daniel John Buenavista. My other best friend, Max, isn't here yet.  We've  all been best friends since we were 5.

"Hey wassup bro?!" Hay called out to me just as i got out of my car. I bro hugged by two best friends when i got down the car.

"So how was Boracay?" DJ asked. "Mainit ba dun?"

"It was pretty awesome! And of course,it's hot there. Uy,Boracay yun. It's a beach. Malamang mainit dun." I answered him.

Before we go to our new classroom and meet our teacher and classmates and stuff like that,we decided that since we're new here,we should go around the school to see what they have. This school is huge. But our previous school was probably not that small compare to this. We walked around the 7 fields they have. There are 2 football fields,a rugby field,a track field and 3 other extra fields. They have 2 tennis courts. An indoor one,and one that's outside and doesn't have a roof. They have a long lapping pool and a really small pool for the kindergarten students. They also have 2 basketball courts. Once again,a big one indoors and a bigger one outside that has a roof over it. We asked the guy guarding the indoor basketball court if we can play since we were bored and it wasn't time to get to class yet.

"Kuya, pwede po ba maglaro dito?" DJ asked him.

"Sure. Na sa sports equipment room ang mga basketball." he directed us to a room that was near the entrance of the basketball court.

We took 1 of the very many basketballs that were on a shelf inside the room and played a few games before we got quite sweaty and tired. While resting on the bench for a while, i took out my phone and decided to check my social media accounts. There were so many comments on Instagram saying "Come back to Willford Academy!" "We miss you guys!". Hahaha i don't really miss anyone. I miss the school though. The four of us were known as "The Kings of Willford Academy", first, cause we were all in the school basketball team and we were all pretty good, and second, cause lots of girls like us. Why? Kasi gwapo kami. Hahahhaha, I'm kidding. But I have my best friends with me so I guess I'm fine.

"Hoy mga brad. Magbebell na. Let's go to class." Hay said.

I checked my phone to check the time when suddenly,DJ took it from me and ran away.

"Deej! Ibalik mo sa'kin yan!!" I shouted from inside the basketball court.

"Gusto mo 'to?" tanong ni DJ sakin

"Ofcourse! It's mine!" i shouted.

"Kung gusto mo to,eh di kunin mo!" DJ shouted while laughing.

I chased him all over the school and didn't really care if people would look at me like i was some weirdo. DJ really is like that. He loves pranks.

He was so fast that i couldn't see him anymore and bumped into a girl...