Chapter 11

As we were walking all the way to Greenbelt 5 to get all the necessary things we need for the first week of school, we unexpectedly bumped into the 2 people I thought we were most likely to see today.

"Hi Nes!" Xander called out from the other side of the bridge. Apparently, he was going around the mall with one of his best friends, the one who has a crush on one of my best friends, si Hayme. 

"Hi Xander! Nadz and I were just shopping for an event we're going to tomorrow. She's really excited and I'm sure she'll have a really good time tomorrow." I said, hoping that he'll understand why I lied about tomorrow. I really hope he doesn't think that I already told  her. 

"Oh....What event? Diba may lakad tayo bukas?" Xander naman. Just go with the flow please. 

"What? Diba, that's next week?" I said as I looked at him convincingly, trying to make him just stick with my plans. Suprise nga yun diba? So of course, I haven't told her yet. I will tomorrow before we meet Xander and Hayme though. 

"Huh?.....Oh...O nga no? That's next week. Sorry. My bad." He winked at me afterwards as if to say "Oh I finally get what you're doing now" It's a good thing he understood, if he didn't, I probably wouldn't know what to say to Naddie. 

"Oh..Um..Nadine! This is my best friend Hayme. You guys are in the same math class."  Xander, trying to get them to know each other, said. 

"Hi Nadya. Palagi kitang nakikita sa school." Hayme said quite shyly. 

"Hi Hayme! Yeah, I've seen you in school too. Palagi kang pinagkakaguluhan ng mga girls in school." Naddie said trying to sound as confident as possible, but since I'm her best friend, I can sense the timidness in her voice. Medyo halata sakin na she's a bit shy and quiet around Hayme. 

"So...I guess we'll see each other in school next Monday? Sorry we really gotta go. Our best friends,  Daniel and Max are waiting for us in Daniel's house. By the way, Max will also be transferring to Pendleton High some time next week. That's just how he is. He really likes long vacations. So....See you guys next week! Bye" Xander said as he and Hayme waved at us. We did the same as we saw them heading for the nearest escalator on their way to go downstairs and grab a taxi. 

Now that both of them have left, I can ask Nadz a few questions that I've been wanting to ask her while she and Hayme were talking to each other. 

"Nadz, diba crush mo yun? Yieee Hayme and Nadya!" I teased. Due to embarrassment, Nadz turned bright pink in an instant.  

"Shh!! Shut up! Wag ka ngang maingay! Baka may makarinig sayo na taga school natin!" It's really cute how she's like this, she looks confident on the outside, but deep inside, she can be really shy. 

"Fine, fine. Let's just go to Greenbelt 5 so we can get our new school supplies and whatever else we need. Then we can go get food after that."  I said as I thought about what food to get. Gosh. I'm really hungry. I think we should go get food first. "You know what Naddie? Parang gutom na ko. Let's just go get food first, I'm starving. Baka mamatay pa ko sa gutom if we don't go now." I said, jokingly. 

"Ikaw talaga! Puro pagkain yung nasa isip mo! To be fair with you, ganyan rin naman ako eh hahaha! I can also feel my stomach grumbling. Parang sinasabi nya 'Nadz, help me! Kailangan ko na ng pagkain" She said, then laughed hysterically. Wow. My best friends really are weird. That's probably why nagmana ako sakanila hahaha!  

As soon as we got to Greenbelt 5, which was about 5 minutes after we talked to Xander and Hayme, Nadz and I ran straight away to Jollibee.  As usual, I ordered chickenjoy with rice and Iced Tea. Yes, I know, matakaw ako. Actually the 4 of us are, Me, Nadz, Jea and Kath. But now, Nadz and Kath are both on a diet. So since Nadz is on a "diet". Nag diet na nga, kain pa sya ng kain. She even like saying that "Fries don't have as much calories as whatever that is that you're eating (chicken + rice + iced tea + i'm probably gonna be getting dessert later. Who knows? hahahaha)" 

"Oh. Wow. Okay. 'Fries don't have as much calories' but they still have calories. And since fries are really oily, I must say, it has quite a lot of calories too. Probably more than my iced tea does. And you know how much sugar there is in iced tea? Yeah. Plenty of sugar." I smiled teasingly as I said this to Nadz. Her eyes widened in shock. She probably already realised that the food she's been eating also has lots of fats and now just my food. Naddie isn't really into the "Vegetarian Diet" which Kath is trying , so all she's doing is reducing as much oily and fried food as possible and to try to reduce her sugar intake by stopping herself from craving ice cream, cake, iced tea, and all the other sweet and delightful things you can imagine. I asked both of them why they're dieting and all they said to me was "Kasi gusto namin pumayat and since we're cheerleaders, we need to be thin. Cause it looks better." Wow. Gusto nilang pumayat? Eh ang payat nga nila! They're quite thin if you'd ask me. Janella and I aren't fat either cause I think all of us have fast metabolisms so it doesn't matter how much we eat cause we won't gain anything. Kath and Nadz are just being absurd. Ang unreasonable naman ng reasons nila! Hahahaha. 

I finished earlier than Nadz even though I had more food cause apparently she thinks that "It's better to chew for a longer time cause the food will be digested easier and this is also another way of not gaining that much weight." Well I should trust her cause she's really smart. Nadz and Kath are two of the top students in our grade. Every year, they'd always be in the top 3 in our year level. They're really smart and they're kinda obsessed with books. I know right, not your typical "it girl".  

"Um....Are you done yet? Kanina ka pa dyan. I'm pretty sure you won't get any fatter if you chew at a normal pace." I complained impatiently since I wanted to go to Typo right now and my best friend isn't even done eating yet. 

"Wait lang. I have like....10 more fries. This won't take long. I just have to make sure that I chew well so my digestive system won't have a hard time breaking down the food I eat." She said as she looked inside her fry packet to see how many fries were left. This girl really is obsessed with science, pati sa pagkain nya, she has to say something scientific about it. Well, she's top in Science, English and Math so that's probably why. Her brain could hold so much information, I don't even know how she does it. Same as Kath, these two are always topping every class while Janella and I always have goals of our own, which most of the time includes "I have to pass this test. I don't have to get a high grade, I just have to pass." But Janella's also really smart cause she's usually one of the top English students in our grade. She writes beautiful stories and really interesting articles. Probably why she has a blog of her own which is followed by so many students in our school. They're so obsessed with her. Actually, palagi syang pinaguguluhan ng mga tao sa school. Not just her, actually, the four of us.  We're the "It girls of the campus".  We're some of the most elite kids in the country since our Parents own different businesses.  My parents own a few fashion brands, Jea and Daniel's own a hotel chain company, Kath's parents own an oil mining company and Naddie's own fast food chains. Our school, Pendleton High, and Xander's previous school, Willford Academy had the most elite kids in the country. Many of us owned different businesses. My best friends' and I's businesses are some of the top in the country, the richest companies in the Philippines. There are also some other kids in our school that own small businesses. I was just daydreaming here waiting for Nadz, that I didn't even realise that she's already finished her fries. 

"Tapos na ko. Let's go!" It took ages for you to finish that. 

"Finally. Let's go now!"