Chapter 16

Charlottes P.O.V.

After Bri and I dove into the water, we grabbed each others hands and started swimming for dear life. Suddenly, a pair of strong arms grabbed us. We both whirled around. A merman was holding 2 shiny necklaces in his hands." they will let you breathe underwater" he explained. I nodded and took them. Giving one to Bri, we put them on.

The merman motioned for us to follow him. About 45 minutes later, we arrived at a shining gold city. Swimming in, mer people stared at us like we had 6 eyes.

We soon arrived at the biggest building in the entire city. Built out of solid gold, it shone brightly. I stood there wide eyed and gaping at the magnificent sculpture. The merman herded us in and led us to a large throne room. A beautiful figure stood sitting, with servants waving fans scattered around her. She looked very wise and kind.

Smiling she beckoned us towards her throne. We edged closer, still very cautious. Both of us bowed deeply. She nodded curtly. She nodded her head and immediately the room cleared.

" I have a once in a lifetime opportunity." She declared. " I know that you wish not but I'm afraid that you have no choice. If it was up to me I wouldn't have chosen you but you will either become part of my court or you will have to die" she said. " Why were we chosen?" Bri asked. " You my dears have passed the test." What Test?" I questioned.

She sighed. " For the next 600 years you must become a mermaid and spy and assassin enemies of the sea. Once your years are over you will be set free and may change into a mermaid whenever you touch water. Take this offer or die."

" Fine. We-we-we accept your offer." I winced heartbroken.