Discover pt. 1

*Fast forward to present day, 2016 (majority of this story was taken place in the year 2010-2013)

CHRIS POV:

Damn. It's been about 5 years since I first met her. I always knew from the time I first laid eyes on her, she was different. I knew that we'd be the best of friends and she'd always hold a place in my heart... But falling in love with her took me to a paradise I've never been to before. Not even Kae made me feel like this. Kae stopped fucking with me after she found out I had my Babygirl, Royalty. Hell I was just as surprised, but it was one of those lessons learned. We were drifting a part anyways. I'll always love Kae, but not as much as I love Lexi. Lex is my better half. She understands everything about me. She doesn't judge me & try to pressure me to be anything, but myself. Her & Royalty have changed my life.....

FLASHBACK!:
* year 2015*

FLASHBACK!:* year 2015*

I was on my way home. It had been a year since Kae been gone. Yeah I still love her, but I understand that whatever we had was over.... I messed that up between us. But I think things happen for a reason... I'd been battling myself for 4 years about the simplest emotion. I've been denying my love for her for too long & it took all this just to get it right. I'm in love with my best friend. Lexi has been there for me since the day I met her. Something about her presence drew me in & to say the least, I'm addicted. I can't wait to get back home. I think it's that time I tell her how I feel. I've been doing shows in Vegas for a month now & I'm finally getting a break & going home. Lex had the house all to herself. I missed her. Badly. To touch her, feel her, hear her voice when she calls my name out of the blue, the way she laughs when I joke around with her, & the moments where we're just in need of each other's presence. I needed all of that back. As I was thinking of all of the things I'd say to her, my phone began to ring for a FaceTime call. It was Lex. I swear she was psychic. I answered the call and there she was; beautiful as usual.

"Chriiiiiisssss!," she sang into the phone

"Chriiiiiisssss!," she sang into the phone. All I could do was laugh at her. "Yes, baby girl? What's good?," I asked. "When are you coming home, Maurice, I miss yo highlighter skyscraper lookin ass man. You been gone for too long nah!" I continued to laugh at this woman. She was something serious I tell you. "I'm coming home today. I should be home in like 10-20 minutes Lex. I know you miss me, but I ain't about to be too many highlighter skyscrapers." "Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyways, I guess I'll have a little surprise when you get here then?!" "What?"  She gave me the most sly smirk. "I can't tell you that." "Girl, you know I hate being left hanging, you gotta tell me!" "Nah, I think I'll wait till you get here." "Man, you playing!" "Yeah, whatever. The door will be unlocked when you get here."