All I Want For Christmas { Shea and Liam }

The light from the furnace was dim. I snuck myself on the couch and wrapped the comforter around me like a cocoon. It was a cold December evening. When I say cold, I mean very cold as if you're freezing. Our living room was cozy with wooden walls and a high ceiling. It always gave me the country feel. 

Our Chirstmas tree stood so beautifully near the window with its beads of colorful light flickering following the beat of Silent NIght that I just recently muted. Outside, the snow fell to the ground like soft balls of feathers. Various toys and souveneirs were scattered around the table. Ribbons and gift wrappers invaded the small space.

I loved everything about Christmas. When I wake up tomorrow, my Mum would be in the kitchen cooking dinner, Dad would be drinking with his mates, my brother would be our little Santa Claus and I will be his Elf. Liam said he would be coming but I'm not keeping my hopes up. I'm just his bestfriend but isn't that enough for him to at least visit me tomorrow? On Christmas Day?

-----

"Merry Chirstmas Shea!" Heavy hands shook my shoulder and a light hand... well it just slapped my face. My senses were immediately woken up like I just have been tazed.

"Ow." I said cupping my cheek. What a nice way to start Christmas. Mum, Dad and my lil bro Seth were around me all with happy faces. They simultaneously greeted me, "Merry Christmas!"

I sat up and they pulled me in a group hug. I realized they were all in their Christmas outfits, especially Seth while wearing his Santa Claus outfit that looked hideous on him. The bright light of the morning filled the room. A heavenly breaksfast sat at the dining table. I can't wait to gobble up.

We all ate together. I can't wait to go out today, by myself of course but I don't mind. The life of London just brings a smile to everyone's faces. The scent of bakeries and everything about it just makes me drool. The window shopping, the free tasting, all which I do with Liam, well I bet I can do them on my own.

After breakfast, my Mum handed me a gift. She told me to open it now. I thanked her and opened the box in front of my family. It was a dress! I lifted it and it was absolutely beautiful. Its a sleeveless red cocktail dress with faint black linings of flowers matched with a black ruffled cardigan. Dad also handed me a small box. I opened it immediately. Wow. A silver necklace. I mean a locket. 

I opened the locket and was surprised to see nothing there. Dad smiled at my reaction.

"Reserve it for a special person," he said and gave me a wink.

I blushed and immediately thought of Liam but I brushed that off.

"And what do you have for me little guy?"

"None," my brother answered and continued to eat his cheesecake.

"But I bought you a new video game!"

"You aren't even finished your work, Elf."

I grunted and gestured that I will be changing and going out. Dad nodded and I went up to my room. I spread the dress on my bed. I took a shower and tried on the dress. Perfect. I thought to myself as I dried my hair. I'm not the sort of girl who had the curvy body and model-like face but I always feel pretty inside.

"Going out."

"Be careful," my Mom reminded.

 -----

London is absolute perfection against the snow that were falling. The bright orange lights of the shops and cafes that were decorated with pine trees and christmas lights. I don't know where I'm going exactly. But the scent of the bakery really drew me to it.