Everyday Memories { Kat and Niall }

What's your best single memory? After I finished watching Tooth Fairy 2, I started asking myself that question. The guy won over the girl just because he told her that his best memory were the ones shared with her. 

I looked over the couch to a blonde but originally brown-haired guy with amazing blue eyes. He looked around the whole kitchen trying to think of something to cook for me. I smiled at that. This could be a good memory. We have been together for a year now and I've lost count of the everyday memories he gave me.

He settled on a simple egg sandwich. He cooked a sunny-side up first but I couldn't tell if he was doing well. Right after he placed the eggs on the plate, the boys appeared. Not just any group of boys who are a friend to my boyfriend but they are one direction. I was lucky to be friends with all of them let alone meet them but I achieved the epitome of happiness when Niall asked me to be his girl.

"Smells good Irish man," Zayn, the one with the dark hair with blonde highlights patted his shoulder. Harry, the curly dimpled one, took a fork and immediately ate the eggs in front of him.

"Hey! That's for Kat." Niall scolded Harry who had already emptied the plate. The bread that was also settled on the kitchen counter were attacked by both Liam and Louis. I giggled just watching them.

"Everything you do is for Kat. But this egg here, is mine." Harry playfully wiggled his eyebrows at frustrated Niall. I stood up and joined the group. Niall immediately placed an arm around me.

"Sorry Re, no egg sandwiches for today. Blame these lads here, I don't know 'em." I laughed at him.

"You could just take Kat on a Christmas date," Louis suggested. His eyes searching for more food. 

"Its barely Christmas Lou," I told him.

"I know. Took Eleanor for a Halloween date last May." He paused because everyone furrowed their eyebrows at him and he realized it was weird. "You see, no one cares about the date of their dates. Wait, of course they do, because its called a date and you should know the date of your date because-"

"Well said Louis. Well said," Niall said breaking him off.

"Almost noon guys, we should head over to the bench photoshoot," Liam, being the Daddy Direction, told the others.

"Why do you guys model for Penshoppe then model for Bench? That's a bit inconsistent. Its like modeling for cupcakes then for muffins. I hope I actually meant something." I looked around weirdly around the room which has erupted to laughter a few seconds afterwards the silence.

"I do hope they make me take my shirt off. Show my bench body." Harry made weird supermodel poses and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, as for you two lovebirds. There's an ice skating rink opening nearby the studio we're shooting at," Zayn said.

"Sounds great, right Babe?"

"Awesome." He gave me one last peck before they all went for their rooms to change and then I can come with them to the photoshoot. I went back to watching Click and I just hope that I don't burst to tears this time.

When my eyes started to water, I immediately changed the tape to Rise of the Guardians because I'd just fixed up my make-up and had my dark wavy hair done and I don't want to look like a mess no more.

"All set mate," Louis said giving Harry a high five. Funny how they appeared almost at the same time. Liam used to be the last to arrive because of his various hair products but now its Niall who makes sure he has his hair well waxed but I think he looks great even not.

When everyone was done, Louis asked Tim, a new bodyguard, if he could drive which he doubtedly agreed to and even I was kinda terrified.

I sat at the back of the van and watched as they laughed their heads off. I didn't quite make up what they're saying because of their thick accents that I can't quite get used to. When we arrived there, I had to sit at the lobby and wait for them to finish the shoot.

"Kat." I heard a faint whisper.

"Niall?" I asked then turned to meet his eyes. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be there inside?"

"Shhhh.." He placed a finger on my lips. "Come on." He took my hand and pulled me outside, he wore his usual shades and we started to walk towards Winter Skating, the new ice skating rink Zayn was talking about. My hands remained entwined with his as he talked to the receptionist. I've never been to an ice skating area before, I never even tried rollers to start with.

"Its like being a little kid again." My hand slipped out of his grip and I hopped and skipped, admiring the setting that was like a real winter wonderland with the snow and snowmen but I literally ran to the rink. It was like a big pool of crystal clear frozen water that blurriedly reflected the snowflakey designs of the ceiling.

"Here." He handed me a pair of skating shoes and I immediately took mine off and placed them on and so did he. I think he got a VIP pass because no one is around. "Its almost Christmas, they plan on opening it on that day but I got some exclusive passes for both of us."

The silence of the place broke when one of my favorite songs played. I smiled because we used to sing this together every Christmas. From the looks of him, I knew he planned it.

It was Christmas eve babe

In the drunk tank

An old man said to me: won't see another one

And they sang a song

I tried to step on the ice but I was scared. I felt an arm slip around my waist and pull me closer. Niall's breath was just above my head and I felt him push us to the center of the rink. It felt great.

"Go on, try to move around. Worry not, I'll catch you." And so I did. I drifted away from him and I felt the chilly artificial breeze brush my skin and I learned to stand. "Awesome, right?"

I smiled and nodded. I wanted to take my handy-dandy notebook and scribble this moment when I went around and around the arena learning to skate faster than I thought I could. My voice echoed the place everytime I fell. Niall would lay there with me and then we would laugh and laugh.

"This is so cool. I could do this everyday."

"You barely know how to," Niall said squeezing my cheek.

"I'll practice and then the next thing you know, I'm an olympic medalist."

"Is this even a part of the olympic games?"

"Winter olympic games."

"I bet my arse you can't." He stuck a tongue out on me.

"I bet my butt you can't stick your tongue to the ice."

"And what if I can?" He said raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'll kiss you," I said bravely.

"You know I'd do anything for that kiss and for you."

"I know." I pulled myself on top of him and then kissed him lightly. He turned us around so that he was on top then he kissed me again. My head aches because of the cold but I couldn't care less, he kissed me passionately that I forgot where we was. When we were out of breath, he pulled me up noticing how cold the ground where he lay me.

I kept them with me babe

I put them with my own

Can't make it out alone

I've built my dreams around you

"Sorry." He said scratching the back of his head.

"No. Thank you."

"For the kiss? Anytime."

"No. For being here. For giving me the everyday memories that help me get through the day. I love and will always love you, you know." He smiled at me. Maybe you can't choose a 'best' memory because the memory of him is the best I could pick.

Author's Note:

Hope you like it Kat and to whoever's reading this :) I'm so running out of ideas because I made too many and each one is almost the same as the other one. haha.