Chapter 4

Note: This chapter is in Steven's point of view

Revealing his insanity by him talking to his imaginary friend Mr. Smiles who was around ever since he was seven years old.

I laid in my bed alone in the dark while listening to the voices that lurked deep within it. My heart is thumping, my head is hurting and I don't feel my blood flowing anymore. I then saw him coming out of the darkness with his red glowing eyes and wide white smile, he bolted towards me and stood next to my bed.

"Steven aren't you happy?" he said

"Yeah I am."

"You should be happy, you found them after two years dwelling over them. Now you can do what you vowed to do so they know who's in control."

"Mr. Smiles you know that I'd do anything to please you"

"Good now I want you to follow what I say exactly how I want you to alright?"

I sat up in my bed and set my restless eyes on Mr.Smiles and told him:

"I'm listening."

He smiled even wider than usual and that was his telling that he's happy and is loving what he's hearing.

"Alright kid so this is what you have to do, find a right time and put these into a drink and it will make them fall asleep long enough for you to get to a secluded place and kill them."

He handed me five pills and I don't know what they were.

A smile began to creep on my face because I love what I'm hearing from him. Mr.Smiles always has the best ideas and if I never had him as a friend when I was seven years old, I think I would've been dead along time ago.

He showed me how good pain can feel sometimes.

Mr.Smiles once told me when I was thirteen to cut my wrist and so I did and I couldn't believe how satisfying seeing the red blood running down my arm.

I stared deep into his satan red eyes that were like looking through windows to hell and listened to his deep sinister voice that I loved so much.

"Did you take your meds today?"

I shook my head no.

"You know that I didn't take them, otherwise I wouldn't be talk to you right now."

"Good that you stopped listening to those awful people that tried to take me- your best friend away from you. Finally you realized that they don't understand our friendship like we do and they never will, that's alright because all you need is me right Steven?"

I nodded my head yes.

"All I need in my life is you and nobody else."

"I'm glad we both feel the same way about our friendship, remember when I was the only person that would sing you to sleep at night after your mom passed away? Or when I was the one that would wipe your tears and comfort you when your dad would finish beating you mercilessly every night? Now you owe me after all those years, now it's time for you to give me what I want most.

"What happens if I don't go through with it?"

Mr.Smiles frowned and his eyes flared up with a burst of red fire and shouted:

"If you don't do what I want then I will give you nightmares that are so bad that you'll guarantee want to kill yourself, and luckily that's the only way to escape them."

"How can you kill what's already been dead?"

"Then I will leave and never return."

"No please don't go away I need you."

"Then do what I say boy and kill them."

"I'll do as we planned to do along time ago"

Mr.Smiles smiled but wider than before and stopped blaring his eyes at me, he floated back to hide within the darkness again.

"Remember your lover is also your target." Mr. Smiles turned around and said over his shoulder.

He turned back around and continued to blend in with the darkness,which he was good at doing. When I didn't he him anymore, I was able to hear him inside my head.

"Good night friend."

I laid down and closed my eyes and began to dream.I was seeing my father in flashes and was able to see my seven year old self crying on the floor, with bruises all over my face and body, in terror with my father standing in front of me.

"No dad... not...again...please....I-I'll be good." He said in terror.

"Shut up you didn't put turkey on my sandwich you stupid bitch, you're as useless as your mother."

"Where's mommy?"

"Oh you can go see her, she's in the bathroom drenching and soaking in her own blood that's spilling on the floor. Go clean it up, I'll go burn the body in the backyard because that slut deserved to die and she did us all a favor by taking her own life."

I awoken panting and with eyes dripping and continuing to fill with tears, the feeling of grief hit me harder than my dad ever did. I looked around the room and didn't see Mr. Smiles anywhere and I was very glad for once that he wasn't around me because, I sat up hugging my knees and continued to cry harder than I did when I was asleep and getting abused by my dad combined.