Chapter 10

I've had a big smile on my face the entire day of work and Robert and Jose are just babbling to each other.

"How did it go with Allison?"

"Oh it went really well."

"No! Tell Jose it went terrible."

"Why would I do that? It went really well."

"Because I just lost 15 bucks."

Robert angrily reached into his pocket for his wallet and fished out Jose's winnings.

"Really? Can you not gamble on us? We're not horses that you can just bet on."

"Of course we know that you're not horses because, you're people and that's what makes it much more interesting." Jose added.

I narrowed my eyes at him and busted out a smile and continued to mop.

"So Jerick are you and Allison dating now or what?" Jose asked.

I thought to myself long and hard and answered with an:

"I really don't know."

Jose and Robert both started whispering and all I heard being said was:

"Alright it was an I don't know and so that doesn't count."

"Stop gambling already." I said as I pushed them both aside

"But seriously Jerick the one time that I need you to mess up a date, you make it as perfect as possible. What kind of person does that?"

"A person that doesn't that doesn't want to end up single, alone and listening to Hello darkness my old friend for the rest of their life."

"Well you could've just messed up on talking like you did with Kathleen remember that? She asked you what you liked most about her and you said what again?" Robert waited for my answer.

"I said I-I...um....l-like your uh.... face....it's great."

Jose and Robert laughed so hard that it eventually turned into silence, I felt like they were going to faint in any second. Finally they began to calm down but kept giggling to themselves.

"Oh my goodness, well it could've been worse like you could've said her ass and gotten strangled right then and there."

"That is true and that girl was cray cray and I was lucky enough to stay alive after that."

"What did you and Allison do last night?" Jose asked.

"We went to Twin Peaks and had a picnic while staring up at the stars and the lights of San Francisco."

They both blurt out:

"Oh my God how romantic!"

I just looked at them and laughed, I took my glasses off and cleaned them off.

"Did Jem suggest that to you?" Jose asked.

"Maybe." I murmured underneath my breath.

"Mhm it was Jem's idea, there's no way he could've came up with that kind of idea all by himself."

"So what if Jem suggested what I should do. I took her to cheesecake factory and that was my idea."

"Mhm." they both said in sync.

"Are you guys ever going on a second date?" Robert asked curiously.

"Yeah but I don't know where we're going."

Robert gave a look of regret and whispered to Josue:

"God damn it how am I losing so much money to you? I'm not giving you another 20 bucks just put it on my tab."

"Okay fine." Jose whispered.

I heard everything that they were talking about but I just kinda ignored them and just went deep into thought. I was thinking of taking Allison to the beach and to watch the sunset but then I also had the thought of things easily going wrong.

Robert walked up to me and whispered in my ear:

"I know what you and Allison can do."

"Really? What?"

He pulled out two slips of small pieces of paper and handed them to me and when I got to inspect them closer, I finally noticed that they were movie tickets to the Jungle Book.

"Why aren't you using them? Why give them to me?"

"I was going to go with my girlfriend but she was busy with family on that day, so I then thought of how you and how you need them more than I do and so I figured why not. "

I smiled and just told him thank you and I was just very grateful that he was giving me an opportunity for another really good date. I quickly walked up to Jose and quickly asked him:

"Can I borrow Marisah tomorrow?"

"What?Why?"

"I'm taking Allison to go see the Jungle Book in 3D."

"Well...you did return her in perfect condition last night so, okay fine but you better give Marisah back in the same way she was in when I handed her to you."

"Yeah Yeah I know the drill thanks Jose."

"Okay no problem."

Nothing can possibly ruin the date right now other than Steven, don't know what he would do but if he does crosses that bridge I don't know what I would do is the thing.