Chapter 7

Allison and I are working with Robert and Jose, I have to tell you that even though it's a busy day it's still a good day because I'm going to ask Allison to hang out with me tonight. I'm not too sure about this my...everything is sweating from the fear of rejection and the thought of also rejection.

(I've always had a fear of rejection for as long as I can remember.)

When finally there wasn't anyone around, I had to drain out all of the fear that I had in my heart and just walked right up to her.

"Hey Allison can I talk to you."

"Uh yeah sure."

I walked her to the back room and took a deep breath and calmly said:

"I um...hope this isn't um...too soon but um... I was hoping that if you weren't busy doing anything after work....would you want to...um I don't know.....uh go hang out with me or something?"

I was able to feel myself blushing red in nervousness, she smiled and stood silent and finally said:

"Okay yeah sure."

I was so surprised by what she said that I actually said:

"Wait really? Why me?"

Allison laughed then gave me a confused look like "What the fuck do you mean why? Be grateful that I said yes."

"I mean uh....See you after work."

After I walked away from her I wasn't able to stop smiling that I went into the restroom and celebrated by calling Jem and telling her the news. I dialed her number as quickly as I was able to and waited for her to pick up as it rang.

"Hello?"

"Jem I asked Allison out and she said yes."

"Really? Jerick that's great, I'm so happy for you."

"Yeah well I have to get back to work, I'll see you later."

"Alright bye."

I hung up and stuck my phone into my back pocket and was about ready to get back to work. When I opened the door, Jose and Robert fell on to the floor in front of me and quickly got up and rubbed their foreheads in pain.

"You nosey bitches, why were you listening?"

"Because we heard that you were going out with Allison tonight." Jose explained.

"Also I was hoping that you and her weren't going to go out tonight." Robert added.

"Why were you hoping that?"

"Because I just lost 20 bucks to Jose."

"Y'all were betting?"

Jose and Robert both nodded their heads yes.

I pushed them both aside and walked back to the counter and the two of them were following behind me. All I was thinking and imagining how tonight would look and play out and this is what I see is happening:

We go to view the stars and the lights of San Francisco, she realizes how amazing I am and she just falls into my arms.

Well at least that's how it plays out in the movies.

I go and wipe down counters and listened to Robert and Jose's conversation.

"I still can't believe that he's going out with Allison." Robert tried to whisper.

"I'm not surprised you know Jerick always changes his mind. Remember when he said that he didn't want that totoro, then went back and bought it the next day?"

"Well he's not going out with Totoro, he's going out with Allison and we have to do him a favor and keep this from Steven."

"He's going to be fine."