The One Where Someone Confessed

I admit it... I finally admit it to myself na I like you. I spent the whole weekend thinking about you, looking through our photos.

The Monday we get from our school I was with Jia we're sitting on the other side but we can still see you from our spot.

"May nagugustuhan na ata ako..." I said and Jia looked at me excitedly.

"Ay! Sino yan?" Jia asked, excitement filled her face that you can barely see her eyes.

"Kilala mo eh." I said.

"Ha? Edi ka-batch ko lang?!" Jia asked.

"Hindi, baliw! Haha. Ka-batch ko." I answered.

"Eh sino ba?"

"Ayun oh." I said and pointed at Dennise's spot.

"Sino dun?" She asked.

"Ayun nga."

"Asan ba kasi..." She asked, still looking "Oh my God, si Dennise?"

I avoided looking at her gaze.

"Oh my God, si Dennise nga!" She kind of yelled.

"Shh!!! Sige, lakasan mo pa." I said.

"Yiiieeee. Dennise pala ah!" Jia teased me.

"He he he. Tigilan mo ko." I said.

"Yiiieeeee." Jia said and started poking my sides.

--

Over the days Jia never fail to tease me about Dennise, especially when the latter is not around. But if all three of us are together, she would just give me that meaningful look and I would roll my eyes at her.

"Ay, alam mo ba alam ni Ej na may gusto ka kay Dennise?" Jia said while we're eating lunch.

"Ha? Paano?" I asked.

"Eh kasi nung football game daw, pansin niya na lagi ka tumitingin kay Dennise."

"Eh syempre kausap ko siya eh." I said and chuckled, "What else she noticed?"

"Yun lang naman, pero ayun nga, halata daw."

"Buti pa siya nahalata niya. Si Dennise hindi pa rin." I said and we both chuckled.

"Umamin ka na kasi!"

"No. Paano kung ma-awkward? Okay na yung ganito."

"Edi pag umiwas siya sayo, edi hindi siya worth it." She said.

"Ayan ka nanaman sa words of wisdom mo eh."

"Aamin na yan."

"We'll see, Ji. We'll see."

--

Two weeks after that we invited Dennise to play badminton with us since me and Jia are bored, kaso she declined saying that it was too hot outside.

We still played but after an hour we stopped to buy some smoothie, we also bought one for Dennise.

"Ikaw mag-bigay ah!" Jia said.

"What? Bakit ako? Ikaw na." I said.

"Ako ba bumili?" Jia asked and chuckled, "Dali na, para makita mo ulit siya."

"Oo na, pero tawagan mo siya ah."

"I got you." Jia said.

And here we are, outside of Dennise's house. Jia is trying to call Den but the latter isn't answering.

"Ikaw nga tumawag." Jia said.

I took my phone out and after the third ring Dennise answered, "Uhmm. Den?"

"Yeah?"

"Did we wake you up?"

"No naman. Bakit?"

"Door." I said.

"What?"

"Open your door."

"Why?"

"Basta just open it." I said and left the smoothie by the doorstep and hang up, I heard the footsteps coming and we immediately hide.

After 5 minutes me and Jia just sat down in front of my house and Dennise's, resting and making fun of each other.

"Psst." We heard and we looked up and saw Dennise by their window.

"Uy! Hi!" Jia said and waved which made Dennise laugh.

"Ano ginagawa niyo diyan?" She asked.

"Papahinga lang." Jia answered.

"Baba na yan." I said and she shook her head no, "Dali na."

"Eh, nakapambahay na ko." Dennise answered.

Jia and Dennise just talk to each other while I listen to them, every once in a while I would interrupt and make a joke which made them laugh.

Until they got in to topic about Dennise's crush and Jia asked her bunch of questions, I know all the answers but I just kept quiet.

"Ikaw, Ly? Sino crush mo?" Dennise asked me and I heard Jia chuckled.

"Ha? Wala no." I said and stood up to get closer to her cause I can barely hear her.

She gave me this suspicious look, "Talaga lang ha?"

"Well. You'll know.... Someday." I said and gave her a smile.

"Ang daya mo! Alam mo na sino crush ko eh." Dennise said and pouted.

"Someday nga. Sasabihin ko naman."

"But that's so vague though!"

"Someday, Den. Someday." I said.

"Kilala mo crush niya?" Dennise asked Jia who's laughing her ass off.

I gave her a look and she just smiled at Dennise.

"Ang daya talaga."

"Fine. May utang ka pa naman sa akin na tanong diba?" I asked, "Go ask."

"Sino crush mo?"

"Ayun agad?" I asked and chuckled.

"Babae or lalaki?"

"Babae."

"Nasa Pinas or dito?"

"Dito!" Jia yelled and all of us laughed.

"Kilala ko?" Dennise asked.

"Yes."

"Hmm. It's either me or Jia." Dennise said and I swear I could hear Jia laughing behind me.

"Hehe." I chuckled nervously, "I like her cause she's nice."

"Ako?" Dennise asked, raising her eyebrow but with a smile on her face.

"Yeah." I answered, "It's you."

And then you smiled at me, I can feel the butterflies on my stomach.

--