The One With Ilocos and Baguio

"Ano? Is she going?" Dennise asked Jia after hanging up.

"Nope. She's going to Ilocos with Laura." Jia said.

"Oh." Dennise said, trying to hide her disappointment.

"It's okay. Gusto mo mag-Ilocos na lang din tayo instead of Baguio?" Jia asked, jokingly.

"Baliw! Haha. Let's go to Baguio." Dennise said.

"Tara na, baka anong oras pa tayo makarating dun." Jia said and went out of their house. Her sisters and some cousins waiting for them in the van.

All throughout the ride to Baguio, Dennise just slept, have conversations with the people around her, and take pictures. But most of the time she just thought of Alyssa, which usually doesn't happen.

--

It took them 8 hours to arrive in Baguio, because of the traffic. They checked in the hotel. Jia's sisters are together in the room, while Jia is with Dennise. They all decided to sleep in today and do some activities tomorrow.

It was 11pm when Dennise woke up, she's been in the Philippines for a month but her body clock is still in US time. Jia also woke up the same time as Dennise and they looked at each other and laughed.

"Pauwi na tayo, jet lagged pa din tayo." Jia said.

"Oo nga eh. Sarap na siguro ng tulog nila dun." Dennise said.

"1 week na lang tayo dito. You ready to go back?" Jia asked.

"Hmm. Sort of. I'm so not ready to go back to school though."

"Nag-enjoy ka naman ba?"

"Oo naman! I never get to gala this much back in US. You know that." Dennise said and chuckled.

"Oh. True. True. Ikaw pinakamahirap yayain sa galaan eh." Jia said and laughed.

"Ngayon si Alyssa na." Dennise said and immediately covered her mouth. She didn't realize that she said it out loud.

"Nag-tatampo ka na niyan?" Jia asked.

"Hindi naman. It's just so unusual of her not being with us. She's the one who's always game when it comes to gala. Nakakapanibago lang, I guess." Dennise replied.

"Babawi naman siya for sure, don't worry about it. Tara, room service tayo. Gutom na ko." Jia said, changing the topic.

--

Meanwhile.... Alyssa is with Laura they are on their way to Ilocos. They've been planning this trip since Alyssa was in Californina and it finally happened.

Alyssa decided to drive dahil mahahassle sila kung mag-cocommute sila, at least they have their own car and they can go wherever they want once they reach Ilocos.

She kinda felt bad though when Jia called and asking her if she can come to Baguio with them and she said no. She was already driving and it was Laura who answered the phone and hold the phone in place while she drives.

Their whole trip didn't feel like hours since both of them are enjoying each other's company. No awkwardness between them like Laura would always tell her.

"Finally." Alyssa said and sighed, she looked at the passenger seat and there's Laura who's peacefully sleeping.

"Hmm." Laura groaned when she felt the car stopped, "Are we here yet?"

"Yes." Alyssa answered.

Laura sat up and looked through the car window, "Ilocos."

Alyssa got out the car and opened Laura's door, "Let's go?"