The One Back In LA

2 months later...

Alyssa is still courting Dennise. They never spoke about what they are, ang alam lang niya masaya sila pareho. She does not want to rush Dennise since it is the first time kung sasagutin man siya ni Dennise that the latter will have a girlfriend. It is their first time, but Alyssa knew ever since that she likes girls. For Dennise, she is the exception. She never thought that she would like a girl in a romantic way.

Alyssa almost drop the plate that she's washing when she heard her phone ring. It was Dennise and she immediately put down the plate and grabbed her phone.

"Hey, Den." Alyssa said.

"Hi, Ly. You busy?" Dennise asked.

"Hindi naman. What's up?"

"You're at work, aren't you?" Dennise asked, hearing the clattering of plates on the other line.

"Yeah." Alyssa answered.

"Should I call later?"

"No, it's alright. May problema ba?"

"Wala naman. I just miss you."

Alyssa could feel her cheeks heating up and she smiled, "I miss you too."

"Don't worry, you don't have to come to SD this weekend."

"Wait, what? Why?"

Dennise chuckled, "Ly, chill. I'm coming home sa weekend. Jus and Mosh wants me to be home since 3 weeks na lang before their school starts."

Alyssa sighed in relief, "So, you'll be here for three weeks?"

"Yes." Dennise answered, "At least we'll spend our last month of summer together."

"I know. I can't wait to see you."

"Me too." Dennise said, "Sige na, Ly. I'll let you get back to work. I'm pretty sure Jovee is listening the whole time." Dennise laughs, "Hi, Jov!"

"Hi, Den!" Jovee answered and Alyssa shove him.

"Sige na, Ly. I'll see you this weekend."

"Alright. See you. Bye!"

"Bye!"

Alyssa smiled and was planning to wash the dishes again when Jovee interrupted her.

"Ayun na yun, Ly?" Jovee asked.

"Anong ayun na yun?" Alyssa asked in confusion.

"Yun lang? Wala man lang I love you?" Jovee asked.

"We don't say I love you that much."

"What? Akala ko ba nanliligaw ka na?"

"Oo nga, pero it doesn't mean naman we have to say it every time."

"True, pero aren't you gonna ask her to be your girl anytime soon?"

"I want her to take her time."

"Take her time? Ly, baka naman kakaganyan mo mag-sawa na mag-hintay sayo yun." Jovee said.

"It's only been two months, Jov."

"I know, Ly. And I know time matters for you, pero you both love each other naman. B't niyo pa papatagalin? Hold on, have she ever said I love you to you?"

"Yes. Twice." Alyssa answered.

"What did you feel?" Jovee asked.

"It-It was amazing, Jov." Alyssa said and smiled, "Hearing it from the girl that I love, it felt surreal. Then I can feel the butterflies in my stomach."