The One With Maroon 5 Song

It's been months since their school started and they would only see each other depending on their schedule. Their FaceTime calls are always full of ranting about school works, but at the same time, they would comfort each other even if they are both stressed out.

It's only Tuesday and Alyssa is still in bed even though her class is about to start in 30 minutes. Jovee and Von already left since finding for a parking is just one of the most frustrating thing ever in college. But right now, she doesn't even care. She's still sleepy because she just spend the whole night doing an essay and other homework for her classes.

She was about to stand up and get ready when her phone vibrated continuously. She checked it and there are two messages from Dennise, a good morning text and the other one telling her that she's off to school.

"Yes!" Alyssa said, as she read a text from her classmate informing her that their classes are cancelled for today.

--

It's been weeks since the last time she saw Alyssa. They would FaceTime each other but it is not enough. She misses Alyssa's arm around her, the latter's smell, their hands intertwining, waking up next to her. Her daydreaming was disturbed when she felt someone put an arm around her.

"Myco." Dennise said.

"Hey, Den. You okay? You're spacing out." Myco asked, his arm still around Dennise's shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Dennise answered.

Myco just nodded and went back to the conversation that he is having while Dennise just sat there trying to listen on what they are talking about, but her mind is flying off somewhere.

"Dennise!" Elle shouted, which made Dennise look, "Surprise!" She said, as she moved out of the way revealing Alyssa.

"Ly!" Dennise immediately said and removed Myco's arm around her when she saw the latter's smile slowly disappeared, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was planning to surprise you. Kaso mukhang ako pa ata yung na-surprise." Alyssa said.

"Ly. He's just a friend." Dennise said and pull Alyssa to the corner where her friends won't hear them.

"I thought he is majoring in business or something. What is he doing here?" Alyssa asked.

"He just shifted. I don't know why. He just told me na he don't really like business and was forced to take it."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"Cause it was not a big deal naman."

"Yeah, it was not. You're just hanging out with the guy that you used to like during your highschool years."

"Ly, come on. Ngayon na lang tayo nagkita, mag-aaway pa ba tayo?" Dennise asked.

Alyssa sighed, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, love." Dennise said, "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, love." Alyssa said and hugged Dennise.

"I wish you could stay." Dennise said.

"Me too. You want me to wait for you after class? We could eat dinner or something."

"I would love to, Ly. Kaso we're doing a project right after our class."

"Oh. It's okay. Are you coming home this weekend?"

"If we finished it by this week then yes."

Alyssa was about to speak when Myco called out Dennise, "Den, come on. Malapit na mag-start yung klase."