The One At The Beach

It is Alyssa's last day in San Diego. They spend most of the time driving around or just eating out.

Today they don't have any plans, Dennise wants them to stay since Alyssa will be leaving soon. They are binge watching Grey's Anatomy on Dennise's laptop, cuddled up in bed.

"Mark is so hot talaga." Dennise reacted, "McSteamy suits him."

Alyssa just shook her head and smiled, "Oh. There goes my Lexie!"

"Your Lexie?" Dennise asked.

"Hmm." Alyssa answered and her smile grew wide as she watch Lexie Grey stress eating.

"Sorry. McSteamy owns her already." Dennise teased.

"It's okay." Alyssa answered, "I have you for myself anyway."

Dennise rolled her eyes to hide her smile.

"So, are we just staying in bed today?" Alyssa asked.

"Hmm." Dennise answered.

"That's it?"

"Yes and we'll sleep too."

"Okay."

--

And that's what they did, binge watch Grey's Anatomy, ordered some pizza for lunch and stayed in bed. They would go to sleep when their eyes are tired.

It's already 7pm and there's only about an hour left before sunset, Alyssa watched Dennise as she sleeps.

"In love na in love ka na naman sa akin." Dennise said, with her eyes closed.

"Matagal na." Alyssa answered.

Dennise turned to face Alyssa and lean forward to meet the latter and made their nose touch. Making Alyssa smile.

"What do you say about watching the sunset?" Alyssa asked.

"Where?" Dennise asked.

"At the beach. You can fall asleep while watching the waves, too."

"Can we stay there tonight?"

"We can stay until midnight. Is that okay?"

"As long as I'm with you, Ly. I'll be okay."

--

Alyssa drove to the nearest beach and they are just in time for the sunset. They put their stuff down and just sat down on the sand first to watch the sunset.

As the sun reflects at Dennise's face, Alyssa can't help but admire her even more. Everyday that she's with Dennise she falls in love with her even more. Until now she can't believe that maybe one day. One day, she can call this girl hers.

Dennise watch as the sun slowly meets the sea. She thought about everything that has happened to her the past month. Her first trip out of the country and Alyssa. Alyssa was the best thing that happened to her this summer. She don't know when, how or why, but one day she's drawn to Alyssa. She starts seeing her in a different way and she doesn't regret it.

"You okay, Den?" Alyssa asked.

"Yes, Ly." Dennise answered.

"Are you sure?"

"Hmm." Dennise said, "Come here, Ly. Sit next to me."

Alyssa finished putting their stuff out and making a fire to keep them warm, Alyssa sat next to Dennise, blankets around the latter and Alyssa opened her arms and Dennise immediately gave in.