The One Back In California

One week after...

It was the day of their flight. They are going back to the U.S. again, but this time it's only Jia and Dennise that are going back. Alyssa was supposed to come with them, but she extended her stay for 2 more weeks. They enjoyed their last week in the Philippines, they tried to go to different places within a week which they sort of succeeded, but Alyssa was still MIA.

"Dadating din yun." Jia said.

"Ha?" Dennise asked.

"Si Alyssa. Dadating yun, kanina ka pa lingon ng lingon diyan baka humaba na leeg mo." Jia said.

Dennise slapped her arm before answering her, "Baliw, may binabasa kasi ako dun."

"Sure..." Jia said and give Dennise a doubtful look.

Their flight was called and Dennise kept on looking around which didn't go unnoticed to Jia but she didn't point that out. She just pull Dennise's luggages.

"Ly... Come on." Dennise said to herself.

"Den, tara na. Baka maiwan tayo ng flight natin, ako na mag-hahatak ng maleta mo." Jia said.

Dennise look around one last time, but Alyssa did not show up.

--

"Huy, Ly. Ano ba. Umaalog na yung kama mo oh!" Ara said.

"Ly, tigilan mo nga yan." Kim added.

"LY!" Ara and Kim shouted in unison

"What?" Alyssa asked.

"Stop fucking bouncing your legs." Ara said.

"Lyyy! Jeez. What the hell is wrong with you?" Kim asked when Alyssa didn't stop bouncing her legs and was staring at space.

"It's their flight today." Alyssa answered.

"Who?" Ara asked.

"Dennise and Jia."

"Then what the fuck are you doing here in Philippines?!" Ara asked.

"Nagpaextend ako. I-I need more time with you guys."

"That's sweet, Ly. But seriously? We understand that you have to go." Ara said.

"What the hell are you still doing here?" Kim asked, "Get your ass up and pack up! Get your girl!"

Alyssa just pointed at her closet, "I'm already packed."

"Then let's go to the airport!" Ara said and stood up.

"Laura...." Alyssa said in realization, "I have to say goodbye to Laura."

--

After 16 hours they are finally back in California. Jia's dad was the one who picked them up at the airport. As soon as Dennise get in the car she immediately fell asleep. She was awake half of the time during their flight trying to distract herself.

"Den... Den... Uy, gising." Jia said, while tapping Dennise tightly.

Dennise's eyes opened, "Am I home yet?"

"Malapit na, but I thought you wanna stop by here for a little bit." Jia said.

Dennise rubbed her eyes to adjust her eyesight then roam her eyes around. They are outside of their high school. Their alma mater.

"So, you wanna stay here for a bit?" Jia asked and Dennise replied in nodded.

They walked towards the field in silence and went to highest part of the bleachers. They sat there, facing the football field.