Chapter 40: Shorter Route

You decide to take the shorter route, so you could get home quickly and have more time for training afterwards. When you reached your house, you were greeted with an unexpected surprise.

"Asuma-sensei! Shikamaru, Chouji and Ino…what are you guys doing here?"

Asuma rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, chewing on his cigarette. "I forgot to mention one more thing. You do know that the rest of your team all have secret hiden techniques passed through generations of their clan."

"Yes," you said slowly, wondering what he was going with this.

"In order to compensate for what you…lack, I want you to master elemental ninjutsu and partake in the necessary training to accomplish this."

Asuma rummaged in the scroll pockets of his green vest for a moment and drew a square piece of plain paper from its depths. He held it out and you took it in your fingers, confused.

"It's a simple experiment to test your element affinity," he stated, noticing your bemused expression. "By holding it, you will unconsciously imbue it with a small amount of your chakra."

Still baffled, you stood there as your body allowed a subtle stream of physical and spiritual energies to flow to the tips of your fingers and transfer into the fibres of the paper. It warmed in your hand and the edges glowed faintly with a soft blue light.

The paper ignited and turned ash? Go to Chapter 63.

The paper split in two? Go to Chapter 64.

The paper wrinkled? Go to Chapter 65.

The paper crumbled into dirt? Go to Chapter 66.

The paper became soggy? Go to Chapter 67.