Chapter 93: Kusarigamajutsu & Shurikenjutsu

"Release!"

As you expected, your dissipation technique wasn't strong enough yet to completely repel her illusions. However, you were able to cause ripples on the surface of her genjutsu, revealing that the Kurenai sitting on the log wasn't your sensei in person, but...

Another log.

You sat up, alert and very still as you surveyed your surroundings. Because she'd shown you that it was an illusion, you had no doubts that she was nearby, watching your every move. This was all part of her lesson, and you'd passed the first test.

She didn't show herself in the first few minutes, and that worried you a bit. If she was around, you hoped she would realize that you'd dissipated her genjutsu, and was waiting patiently for the next part to her lesson.

The silhouette of a person did emerge from the forest then, but it wasn't Kurenai. She was slight, a young woman not much older than you were, with deathly pale skin and long, brown hair. She looked frail and sickly, but her eyes gave off a feverish glow.

You jumped to your feet and watched her warily, unsure if she was a threat or a harmless bystander, friend or foe. As she approached, she held out her hand.

"You are [Last Name] [Name]."

It wasn't a question. She stared at you with those questioning, yellow-brown eyes, waiting for you to speak.

Have you watched the pre-Shippuden filler arcs in its entirety, or know who this girl is?

If so, go to Chapter 135.

If not, go to Chapter 136.