Eleven: The uh oh's

We manage to make it to Tahoe without any further incidents.

I catch Lance glancing at me, his eyes filled with worry as if I might break.

I smile all the time and laugh to show that I'm fine. But when I zone, that's when he worries.

I don't blame him. I can just see it. Mother hit by car, four years later, daughter dies in car accident.

As much as I'm not a big fan of my dad, I would still feel horrible for him to have to live with two deaths by cars. And my brother and sister.......

Yeah, I would be worried too.

I turn in time to see Lance look quickly away from me.

We had just finished setting up camp by the lake. Lance had a foam in the bed of his truck with two sleeping bags on it.

I decide to lighten the mood a little and make him smile.

I walk over to him.

"Big bed for one person."

He looks at the bed. "It's for a good friend of mine and his one in a trillion girlfriend."

My heart jumps a little at the mention of girlfriend.

"And what does this guy look like?"

Lance looks up thoughtfully.

"Well, he's tall, blond, blue eyed, very fit," He pauses for a second, "and incredibly handsome."

I roll my eyes as he raises his eyebrows at me a few times.

"And the girl?" I pretend to be impatient.

He looks at me, a serious, smoky expression on his face.

"Words would not do her beauty justice."

I blush so horribly that I wanted to smack myself out of it.

"Hey Alex!" I'm glad and sad with the interruption Hope provides.

"Do you and lover boy wanna come swimming with the rest of us?"

I scoff at her. "You're one to talk."

I glance at Matt and she does the same.

"What. Ever." She tries to cover up her blushing.

Lance and I look at each other and laugh.

"Yeah, we're comin'." Lance replies.

Hope smiles, then hops into her and Matts tent to change.

I grab my suit out of my bag, then walk to the back of the truck so that no one will see me.

I'm about to start changing when I see Lance peeking around the truck.

"Hey!" He smiles at getting caught. "No peeking."

He puts on a pouty face and I cross my arms, raise an eyebrow and tap my foot.

He laughs, then walks to the front of the truck.

I smile and change real quick before he decides my wrath is worth the watch.

When I come around to the other side of the truck, I find Lance leaning against the grill of the truck, already in black swimming trunks, two towels draped over his arm.

I smile lazily as I take in his naked torso. Some guys were just meant to be hot.

I guess I had said that out loud cause he smiles.

"And some women twice as much." He scans me thoroughly.

I take my towel and whip him with it.

"Stop makin' me blush!"

He laughs. "That's right, girl! Whip me baby one more time!"

"Lance!" I smack him with my hand instead.

He laughs again.

"That's kinky."

"That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it!" He takes off running down to the bank.

I chase after him.

I lose sight of him around a corner of trees.

I round that corner and smack!

I almost fall as I collide with rock hard abs. Strong arms wrap around me to steady me.

I look up, expecting to see Lance, but found Xavier.

I try to back out of his embrace, but he pulls me in closer.

"What have we here?"

I'm forced to look up into his face. He wore a half smile and his hair was soaked, but still looked good. I could feel the water seep threw my suit and onto my skin from his.

I mentally slap myself for admiring his good looks.

"Let go, Xavier." I glare at him.

He holds onto me for a few seconds longer, then drops his arms to his sides.

I am relieved and slightly disappointed at the same time. I have no right to be disappointed. Lance deserved better than that.

We don't say anything for a while, we just stare. Well, more like he smiles and I glare.

"Glad you feel it to." Xavier states.

"Feel what?" I demand.

He laughs. "As if you didn't know."

"Enlighten me." One look in his eyes and I knew it was the wrong thing to say.

Faster than lightning, he presses me up against a tree and hovers his face above mine.

By heart about jumps from my rib cage as he lightly kisses the nape of my neck. He slowly moves up to my chin and, unwillingly, a moan barely escapes my lips.

He laughs against my chin, then pulls away enough for us to look into each others eyes.

His eyes smolder with a hunger for me and I'm scared of it yet I want it.

Abruptly, he lets me go, a satisfied smile on his face.

Then he mock salutes me and disappears on his way back to the camp.

Uh oh. I just let him do that. And I'm with Lance. What's worse is I'm afraid that I might, just might, have liked it.