Fourteen: Forgetting

P.o.v Lance

"How was the trip?" Mom has a huge smile on her face as we walk in the door.

"Great." I smile as I walk up to my room, Alex right behind me.

"Great, huh?" I glance at Alex's face and find one eyebrow raised.

"Well, that was not including you."

"Oh, so now I'm not included?" she says in an offended voice even as she smiles.

"Haha." I open my door and set down my bags.

Alex continues on to her room. I follow.

I close the door behind me and lean against it as I watch her begin to unpack.

"Enjoying the view?" She calls over her shoulder.

I walk over to stand behind her and smile. "Yes, but I wouldn't mind zooming in a little."

I catch her shivering as my breath whispers past her ear. I see the pulse in her neck speed up and I smile despite the fact that mine was racing too.

She faces me and wraps her arms around my neck. Naturally, I wrap my arms around her waist.

She stands on her tippy toes to kiss me, but I stop her, my finger resting on her lips.

"I didn't get to tell you that having you at the trip was way more than great."

"Oh? So what word would you use to describe it?"

"Maybe a little like this." I lean in and kiss her.

It was slow at first, like all kisses seem to be, but then it speed up. My pulse kept pace.

Before I could have second thoughts, we were on her bed. My shirt seemed to be in her way so that came off.

Her shirt was next when we hear a knock on the door.

"Alex? You in there?"

"Sounds like Xavier." Alex mutters and I sigh.

Of course it was.

I put my head down by the curve of her neck as I stay positioned over her on hands and knees. I take one last deep breath of her scent. Soap, sunscreen and flowers. Then I reluctantly get up as Xavier knocks again.

"What is it?" Alex gets up and walks to the door.

She opens it to a smirking Xavier as he hands her a small pack.

"You left this in the car and after making sure everything was in there, I decided to play the gentleman and return it to you." he hands her the pack.

I let out a snort.

He looks at me, just noticing me, then glares.

I just smile back.

"Wait, you went through my stuff?!" Alex looks at him disbelievingly.

"No, I believe I said 'made sure everything was there.' There's a difference you know."

"No. There is no difference." Alex slams the door on his face.

Then she turns to me. "I've always wanted to do that."

I laugh as she walks back over to me.

"And I said describe it in a word, not a make out session." she sits on her knees on front of me.

"You know that term actions speak louder than words?"

She pushes me on my back and leans in by my ear. "If I didn't know before, I know now."