Twelve: Hand in Hand

P.O.V Lance

"That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it!" I sing to Alex and then take off down the trail to the lake.

I come around a corner and see Xavier walking up the trail.

"Sup bro?" I call before I reach him. He just looks at me then keeps walking.

"Later bro." I call as I pass him. Wonder what his problem is now.

I reach the bank and head for the dock. I run down it and jump over my brothers and Hope and Mckayla, then hit the water with a canon ball.

"Lance!" Hope shouts when I surface.

"Get him!" Mckayla calls and I'm soon surrounded by all of them and they begin splashing me. I try to splash back but seven to one is not exactly fair game.

"Alright, alright!" I shield myself with my hands. "I surrender!"

They stop splashing and start laughing. I join them.

"Hey, where's Alex?" Terrance asks.

I look past the dock and up the bank. No Alex.

"Huh, I don't know." I Scan the trees. "She was right behind me."

I'm about to get out and go look for her when I see her appear from the trail.

I smile. "Too fast for you?" I shout.

"Never!" She shouts back and runs down the dock.

A few seconds later, I understand why the others started splashing me.

She canon balls right next to me. When she surfaces, I pick her up then throw her further out into the lake.

"Wait La-!"

Her protest is cut off when she hits the water. I laugh when she comes up, trying to look mad at me, but failing miserably.

"Race ya!" I holler and begin swimming to the other side of the lake. I glance over my shoulder to find that Alex is not far behind me.

I reach the other side of the lake a few seconds before Alex does.

I lay on the bank, hands behind my head, eyes closed.

"Took you long enough." I say when I hear her walk out of the water.

I open one eye and take in the sexy model before me.

I'm not usually one to be a big fan of bright colors, but yellow looked good with her tan skin and brunette hair.

I stare as the water slides down her skin. She wrings out her hair, then flings it back with perfection.

She laughs.

"You had a head start." She points to the corner if her lip. "And quite the drooling, will ya?"

Instinctively, I take my thumb and wipe off.... Nothing.

She laughs again. "I was just kidding."

I reach up and pull her down beside me, then I poke her side.

"Ah!" She jumps and her hands go to her side to protect it from me.

I laugh, "I love that you're ticklish.'"

She raises an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

She pokes me about a dozen times on my chest. I don't so much as flinch.

"Well, that's not fair." She crosses her arms.

I sigh. "Life isn't fair."

"Ugh, you sound like my father."