Chapter Eighteen

In thirty minutes I would either get my ass kicked by an irate blonde with a new BMW or snog with a very happy blonde with a new BMW.

It should have proved to be interesting either way.

I was giddy as a girl. I wasn't usually such a daft asshole when it came to giving gifts, but Jay Dee was worth the shot to my dignity. I liked giving her things, even if she was going to fight me on it.

I was more than confident that'd I win in the end; I always did.

My mobile rang and I was surprised to see that is was Steffen.

"Hey Steffen," I cheerfully greeted. "Thank you again for helping Jarvis with the electronics. Those two are bloody ridiculous when it comes to gifts."

"Tanis?"

"Do not get me wrong, I am more than confident that she is going to kick my ass from here to Canada and back, however, I am sure it will be more than worth it."

"Tanis!"

"You will appreciate the fine German engineering," I smugly informed him.

"Tanis!" he yelled.

"What?"

"How far away are you?" Steffen whispered.

"Thirty minutes from Lummi. I just got done taking care of the insurance and registration...what is wrong? What happened?" I demanded.

He hesitated for a moment.

Something bad happened.

"There was an accident," he started. "Or a misunderstanding...honestly, I'm not exactly sure what in the hell happened."

I struggled to swallow the lump in my throat. "My Duckie?" I choked, my eyes flooding with moisture.

"d'Artagnan showed up with a very pissed off water logged blonde in his arms. He pulled Jay Dee off the bottom of the ocean when she jumped off the cliffs trying to get away from your sister."

"What?" I snarled and slammed on the gas. "Tell me you are joking."

"No. Mom's upstairs with her now. T, she wasn't bitten or anything, and aside from the blue tinge to her, she seems fine. Mom said she'd call her parents to let them know that Jay Dee will be escorting us so she might be late, you know, to prevent issues."

I was shaking I was so irate.

"Where is Georgiana?"

"On her way back with Romeo and Abby," he said, sounding very apologetic. "I guess it was a knock down-drag out fight, and from what Romeo said, Jay Dee held her own against that crazy redhead. Few can boast that."

"Indeed."

"Hurry up and get home to your girl, I'm sure she needs a hug and to talk."

"That is putting it mildly," I hissed and hung up the mobile.