Chapter Twenty

"Jay, you seriously have to hook me up tonight," Romeo pleaded from the back seat then leaned forward and wrapped his arms around my girlfriend. "It's been like two weeks since I've indulged in the pleasures of female companionship....because Mommy warned me to keep it in my pants or else I'd be put in timeout."

Jay Dee rolled her eyes and tenderly caressed his arms. "I'll see what I can do, however my horny little vampire friend, you have to remember that I'm not the most popular person in the pack or the Lhaq'temish. I'll point you towards the clean girls though. I don't know if vampires can get crotch rot or saber tooth crotch crickets, but I'd rather you be safe than sorry," she parentally told him.

Bloody hell! She did not just say just that!

Everyone was laughing, even Jay Dee was, but we were about to see how long her good mood would last once she saw her birthday presents.

"Duckie, will you be so kind as to close your eyes and not peek?" I asked as we drove down her street.

She glared at me, causing those in the backseat to laugh again.

"Why?" Jay Dee demanded. "I shouldn't have to close my eyes for a stupid MP3 player unless you got one as big as my house," she pointed out.

Steffen popped his head between our seats. "Because he wants it to be a surprise, duh. Tanis is a very giving person. For our two century wedding anniversary, he gave us one of his island manors. I think he got tired of listening to me and my lovely wife going at it for days at a time."

"Oh my god," she groaned. "Ew. You didn't do some weird Extreme Makeover Home Edition on my house did you? I'm so going to kill Jarvis."

Huh, that is actually a brilliant idea.

"No. Perhaps for Christmas," I said and smirked when she groaned again; Jay Dee knew better than to give me ideas. "Humor me, please."

"Fine," she groaned then stuck her tongue out at me and closed her eyes, covering them with her hands. "I swear I will kick your ass from here to Portland and back if you spent a ridiculous amount of money."

Sadly, that does not surprise me.

"I see your beautiful lips moving, Duckie, however I have yet to hear anything come out of them," I teasingly sang.

When I pulled up in front of her house, Steffen inadvertently whistled, eying the beautiful car.

"Stay and keep your eyes closed or Romeo shall assist you with the task."

I was out and around the car before she could argue. I helped her out of the vehicle and up the driveway, where Jarvis had washed the car and put a big—ridiculously big—bow on the roof.

"Stop there," I whispered and stepped back and cupped my bollocks in case she got physically violent.

Jarvis joined us, skipping down the front steps with a smile on his face.